G2 and Importing Dives Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've had no problems with the logbook function in my G2 and mine is a few years old and I never had to format mine. I would have your dive shop send it in to Scubapro.

I just made my first dive with it and its all fine. After the dive I could sync it with my Iphone with no problem at all.
Except that it lost the connection to the transmitter a few times underwater , but will have to look at that...
Its all a bit new.

I just made my first dive with it and its all fine. After the dive I could sync it with my Iphone with no problem at all.
Except that it lost the connection to the transmitter a few times underwater , but will have to look at that...
Its all a bit new.
I've also had no problems with transmitter connection. Make sure the transmitter is on the same side as the computer.
I've had some issues with response on pressing the buttons. I find I have to soak the computer well after diving and press the buttons a few times in the rinse water.

I had to send mine back to Scubapro in France after one dive...
The transmitter was on the same side as the computer but it had a hard time pairing even above water...
Its a bit of a shame, a brand new computer, but I got it for €750,- (the pre Corona/Ukraïne price) so I'll give the shop some time to make fix it.

It sounds like the issue is with the dc itself, but just to rule out software you can try Subsurface for free (works well with iphone) and see if anything comes up?
Having same issue with downloading dives to the Scubapro app from my G2. G2 downloads easily to Subsurface app. Have had this problem for almost two years and and will likely stop trying to use the Scubapro app.

Hi Melissa-
Buy Mac-Dive and never look back. Scubapro makes good gear, but their dive software and support for software sucks. I understand that this isn't an answer to your specific question, but you will thank me later.
Thanks Chris! I purchased a G2 computer four years ago and have experienced only “pain” downloading my dives to my Apple devices. I’m giving Mac Dive a try. Safe diving!

Back
Top Bottom