G2 and Importing Dives Issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mnwillif

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone! New member AND kind of a long post - sorry about that!

Recently purchased the G2 w/ air integration. Took it for a dive and everything worked as expected.

When I connect it to my phone through the LogTrak app to download my dives, I get a "no new dives found" error message. I get this message whether or not I select Download Only New Dives, or Download All Dives. Since it was my first dive with the computer, they should all be new dives... I got frustrated with trying to download via my iPhone, so I hooked the G2 up to my Mac.

When connected to the Mac, I get the same message. Okay, fine, let's read the manual and see what I'm missing...

The manual specifies that the G2 should have 3 folders when being read as a disk - photos, system, and logbook. However, I don't have a logbook folder?! Why? Where is my logbook folder?! It's not hidden - I checked. It's not in the deleted items folder, either.

So, when I view the log on the G2, it tells me that I've completed 2 dives, gives me a little information, but there are no additional screens with more detailed information.

Has anyone else run into something similar? This might be a dumb question, but can I just ADD a Logbook folder to the G2? The iPhone, Mac, and G2 are all running the most updated software... I'd appreciate any help on insight with this issue!

I did stop by my dive shop to check with the pros there, and they were stumped, too... 🤷‍♀️

Thanks!

-Melissa

Hi Melissa-
Buy Mac-Dive and never look back. Scubapro makes good gear, but their dive software and support for software sucks. I understand that this isn't an answer to your specific question, but you will thank me later.

Thanks! I'll look into it! I'm open to any software that'll help me keep a decent log.

My big concern right now is that the G2 itself isn't logging appropriately.

Here's a completely random image I found on Google of what I think it SHOULD look like - the computer lists 00 Dive Statistics, then you're able to scroll through detailed information about the dives (for this guy, I assume he has 45 logged dives). Mine is only displaying 00 Dive Statistics, but it does not display any additional info. No 01 or 02 to review, but the dive statistics does list 2 total dives. It's so strange.
1647311462269.png

Use MacDive or DiveLog. Both are MUCH better software and do not cost a lot.

Interesting... I don't know anything about the G2, but was it possibly in a freedive/gauge mode and thus has no dive statistics?

Thanks! I'll look into it! I'm open to any software that'll help me keep a decent log.

My big concern right now is that the G2 itself isn't logging appropriately.

Here's a completely random image I found on Google of what I think it SHOULD look like - the computer lists 00 Dive Statistics, then you're able to scroll through detailed information about the dives (for this guy, I assume he has 45 logged dives). Mine is only displaying 00 Dive Statistics, but it does not display any additional info. No 01 or 02 to review, but the dive statistics does list 2 total dives. It's so strange.
View attachment 712381

It sounds like the issue is with the dc itself, but just to rule out software you can try Subsurface for free (works well with iphone) and see if anything comes up?

I had the same Problem with My G2. Some dives were not saved. Scubapro told me that i must format my DC and install new operating System.
After that, my Computer works fine. Problem is, you habe to removed the hardware from PC. When you put off the cable from Pc without that, the Problem will come again.

I had the same Problem with My G2. Some dives were not saved. Scubapro told me that i must format my DC and install new operating System.
After that, my Computer works fine. Problem is, you habe to removed the hardware from PC. When you put off the cable from Pc without that, the Problem will come again.
I figured formatting might help. According to the manual, Format Flash Disk should be 8.11 in Other Settings, but mine stops at 8.10. I don't even have the option to format.

How did you format?

I figured formatting might help. According to the manual, Format Flash Disk should be 8.11 in Other Settings, but mine stops at 8.10. I don't even have the option to format.

How did you format?
You have to format with the Computer

I also just bought a G2.
It won't connect at all with my Macbook.
It does connect to my Iphone using the Logtrak software from Scubapro but as soon as I try to sync or touch anything the connection is immediately lost.
I updated the G2 Software to 1.9.2 but that made no difference...
Will try Macdive next...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom