Holiday diving.........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I talked to the fellow at the Blue Lagoon this morning and it is raining and forcast to get worse today before clearing late tonight....he said the ponds cloud up bad after these type rains with the run-off---plus he said the holiday traffic would be terrable Sunday. He said for his dollar he would pick another weekend. They are open weekends till the water temp dips into the high 50's (gee that is just getting comfortable!). Phone number is 936-291-6111. I think I will heed his advise on this one.

Probably a good call, no point in getting a bad impression of the place. Water temps gotta be getting close to that level soon.

FWIW, me and some of my fellow CHUM club members are diving in Offat's Bayou, a saltwater inlet on Galveston Bay on Sunday 12/4. The water will be cold, the viz will probably be 10' or less, but we gotta try it at least once.

You're welcome to join us. If interested, we could meet in north Houston and I'll drive it from there.

colt:
Whats the temp and depth like at Offat's Bayou?

See this thread for more info. As best I know, temps will be around 60 degrees, and depths 20' to 40'.

There are past threads and posts like this one on Scubaboard. Do a forum search.

texdiveguy:
I talked to the fellow at the Blue Lagoon this morning and it is raining and forcast to get worse today before clearing late tonight....he said the ponds cloud up bad after these type rains with the run-off---plus he said the holiday traffic would be terrable Sunday. He said for his dollar he would pick another weekend. They are open weekends till the water temp dips into the high 50's (gee that is just getting comfortable!). Phone number is 936-291-6111. I think I will heed his advise on this one.

So Alan did you get any diving in this weekend?

Froglady:
So Alan did you get any diving in this weekend?

Hi... no did not get in any diving,,,,spent today trimming bushes at my dads house in Dallas. Did you get to Florida????

ReefHound:
FWIW, me and some of my fellow CHUM club members are diving in Offat's Bayou, a saltwater inlet on Galveston Bay on Sunday 12/4. The water will be cold, the viz will probably be 10' or less, but we gotta try it at least once.

You're welcome to join us. If interested, we could meet in north Houston and I'll drive it from there.

Reefhound,

Would you or the other CHUM club members mind if I joined the pack?

Richard

PacketSniffer:
Reefhound,

Would you or the other CHUM club members mind if I joined the pack?

Richard

Of course not, we always welcome fellow divers.

texdiveguy:
Hi... no did not get in any diving,,,,spent today trimming bushes at my dads house in Dallas. Did you get to Florida????

No... had to work friday, so we went to Ok city for the weekend. Visited museums, Indian city and snow tubed in the ball park. It was a pretty good weekend.

Back
Top Bottom