HOG Reg Serviceability

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are talking about service kit!
When I brought my car for routine service, I had never been told that items like air filter, oil, spark plugs etc were out of stock!

So you are estimating the auto markets and regulator markets are roughly equivalent? :)

Let's get back to the question of the OP. Apeks first stage kits work in a pinch but you have to recycle the plastic washer for the diaphragm. But why would you do that? Just take a few service kits along. Here in the Philippines we do not have HOG distributors (unless I am mistaken) and I have to get kits shipped from the US (I am one of those service kit hoarders). The service procedure is also almost identical to Apeks regs. Although it helps that liability is not usually an issue here :D.

I am a HOG user and dealer, and I teach the service clinic... it really is not that hard and although the OP may not be comfortable with the idea of doing it for themselves, it is a godsend to be able to make a simple adjustment or do a simple fix when away on vacation... Oh, and I am based in Ontario... which at the moment is a block of ice. WINTER IS REFUSING TO LOOK AT THE CALENDAR.

i guess its safe to assume you're not the dive shop that gave me the third degree when i called to ask if they service them (my dive shop i bought it from was on vacation), for buying such a ****ty regulator lol, and not a comment in passing, he kept going on and on for 10 minutes, while looking up the number of someone that serviced them
needless to say i will never use that place, even if i have to fill up my tanks miles away, i did tell him his behaviour was highly unprofessional, i called with a simple question not for advice
fwiw i love my pigs :D

I am a HOG user and dealer, and I teach the service clinic... it really is not that hard and although the OP may not be comfortable with the idea of doing it for themselves, it is a godsend to be able to make a simple adjustment or do a simple fix when away on vacation... Oh, and I am based in Ontario... which at the moment is a block of ice. WINTER IS REFUSING TO LOOK AT THE CALENDAR.

Hi Steve,
I am interested in learning how to service HOG regulators, and I am comfortable of doing this myself.
I own HOG D3 regulator for about a year, and 1st stage failed on me after 10 dives, and no one on Grand Cayman was able to service it (they even never heard about HOG), so I had to rent a regulator for the rest of the trip.
Could you please let me know where is your shop located? I am in Toronto area and see your phone is 416 as well.
Please reply to: lavalre@gmail.com
Thank you.
Val

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom