HOG 23 wing and DRiS awesomeness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stuartv

Seeking the Light
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I bought a HOG 23 wing from @Dive Right In Scuba back in 2015.

HOG no longer offers a lifetime warranty on their wings, but at the time they did.

My wing has started to separate on one seam. At this point, it's a very small area. But, I have seen someone else's (@Soloist) same wing that was much worse, so I figured mine was headed down that road, too.

I emailed DRiS some pictures week before last and asked what, if anything, could be done about it.

Mike, at DRiS, contacted HOG and went to bat for me. Long story short, they don't do a lifetime warranty anymore, but Mike pointed out to them that I purchased this wing back when they still did. Today, a brand new HOG 23 wing arrived, drop-shipped direct from HOG. And it's the new-and-improved design (inflator on the left, instead of in the center).

Thank you, Mike, for taking such good care of your customers! And thank you Edge/HOG as well, for honoring the old warranty and taking care of me, too!

Back
Top Bottom