Hollis 22ST vs any wings between 18 and 23 lbs lift

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cald

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Good morning,

I Need to replace my Hog wing that is in a very bad condition. Great wing that gave up after almost 3000 dives.
I also would like to try something new and I am diving exclusively in very warm waters.
I was hoping to purchase a VDH 23 but is not anymore available on the market. Anybody has experience with the new Hollis 22ST?

Any input is very much appreciated. Thank you

Not the new 22ST but I have to old 25 which appears basically the same other than the slight capacity difference and shape. I've never had a problem with it in around 12 years. I recently fully disassembled it a month ago and the bladder looks perfect. I did have to replace the inflator but that's pretty normal and probably could have been avoided if I rebuilt it maybe more than 0 times in it's life.

Only minor "complaints"
-The slots for the cambands are small and positioned for Hollis plates. No issue since I have one - but might not line up if you don't, forcing you to use an STA.
-The anti tank-roll thing that's included does work but only barely. I've never had an issue with the tank shifting after strapping down, but it will let you strap the tank down cock-eyed if you don't line it up first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom