Hobby or Sport???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How drunk were they when they figured this one out?

Take a bunch of fishermen, get 'em good and "lubed up", then tell 'em to go fetch a flag off the end of a greased pole. Fisherman slips, cracks his 'nads on the pole, falls into the water ... his friends go fetch him out, feed him a few more beers, and he goes and does it again.

There's so much drinking involved it's almost Canadian ... and it's way more fun to watch than curling ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I bet that would be a blast to watch! Again, how much liquid lube was involved to come up with that one!

People die doing it, no one wins doing it, I think that qualifies as extreme sport.
So it's an extreme sport in the same sense as, say, recreational heroin use?

So it's an extreme sport in the same sense as, say, recreational heroin use?

No. We have recreational and technical diving. I have never heard of a technical heroin user.

If the magazine says so......

Attachments

• sd_logo.gif
    sd_logo.gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 30
Hence a pregnant woman on an Olympic curling team. Believe the team placed fourth.

Bob

Well, I'm no expert. Maybe it's strenuous on such areas as the back, ankles, knees. Maybe it's not a risk to a fetus like football would be. I don't know. I've never curled. I do know that before I met my wife she curled for 10 or more years and was around hundreds of curlers, so I guess she's talking from experience. That's about all I can say on it, other than it looks to me like olympic curling seems no more or less strenuous than everyday curling. It'd be interesting to hear from someone on SB who has actually curled.

it looks to me like olympic curling seems no more or less strenuous than everyday curling. It'd be interesting to hear from someone on SB who has actually curled.
I got a soft-perm once, when I was in high school. More of a body-wave than a curl, but I can't see how curling would have been more strenuous. I just sat in the chair and tried not to inhale the fumes too much. I didn't consider it a sport at the time, but the definition has apparently evolved, so I'd say, yes, curling is a sport--especially if you do it at home, rather than at a salon. :D

That's a good one. If it weren't tongue & cheek, I'd figure you were serious and from S. of the middle part of Minnesota.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom