Hmm, eh, new rules in CZM about traveling with MJ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What do you mean by "presently"? If it were, for example, the night before the dive I would be confident enough to consider it to be irrelevant to the dive and none of their business, so no, I would not bring it up. If it were at the time of the dive, then I agree; that's a problem.

I think this information should be disclosed to buddies, other divers, the dive op, so what we can all make informed decisions as to our own responses. Who's to say (without blood tests and/or a medical degree) when the effects have or have not worn off ? With respect to alcohol, on all live aboards, take one drink and you are benched from diving the entire rest of the day. I will take the conservative position as far as who dives, or doesn't dive, with me. I also believe there are plenty of folks taking 'medical pot' who have just found themselves a compliant/liberal doctor to obtain a script and use it for pleasure, not medical reasons.

Waaaa, I can't bring my pot with me, but it's legal where I live, waaaa! Sounds like someone needs to grow up & while doing so, grow a pair!:outtahere:

I think this information should be disclosed to buddies, other divers, the dive op, so what we can all make informed decisions as to our own responses. Who's to say (without blood tests and/or a medical degree) when the effects have or have not worn off ? With respect to alcohol, on all live aboards, take one drink and you are benched from diving the entire rest of the day. I will take the conservative position as far as who dives, or doesn't dive, with me. I also believe there are plenty of folks taking 'medical pot' who have just found themselves a compliant/liberal doctor to obtain a script and use it for pleasure, not medical reasons.
Thankfully, it isn't your decision to make. You can say that you want to be informed of the other divers' extracurricular activities the night before a dive (and I would hazard a guess that the lasting effects of, say, a tequila binge, would both be much more relevant to a diver's condition the next morning and a whole lot more likely to be present), but there is no way for you to force that information to be disclosed. Whether you "should" have access to that information or not is a non-issue.

They find marijuana in the southern coast

COZUMEL, November 27.- Elements of the Ministerial Police of the State Attorney General's Office (FGE) reinforce security in the south coast of the island, after the request for assistance from a lodging center in that area, due to that a partition was found that apparently had dry grass inside, apparently marijuana, since this was reported through an anonymous call to 911.
In this regard, Néstor Iván Segundo Pérez, commander of the Ministerial Police of the Prosecutor's Office, He announced that around 08:15 hours a call for help was received at 911, where he reported that a male had found a strange package, so they requested the presence of the corporation.
When they arrived at the lodging center located at kilometer 16.5, they met with a person who said he was a worker at a lodging center, so when he was placing the beds on the shore of the beach, he observed the suspicious package, so it was immediately reported to the emergency number.
In parallel, elements of the Military Garrison arrived at the site to secure the package found and then put it at the disposal of the authorities of the Attorney General of the Republic, for the corresponding inquiries.
The package located on the seashore presented a square shape and was made with cinnamon tape, presenting a weight of four kilograms of dry grass with the characteristics of marijuana.
It is worth mentioning that the authorities, both naval and military, ask the community that in the event of detecting any suspicious package, they immediately inform the number of any of the military forces or 911 for the report and immediate assurance attention.

I was working in South Padre Island, Tx. years ago and was driving to Mexico. I got stopped at a dui check point. They asked where I was going. I told them Mexico. They then asked if I had drugs in the truck. I started laughing and said I was going to Mexico. The cop said so? I asked how many people he thought would smuggle drugs from the US into Mexico? This reminds me of this. Why? There are way more drugs in Mexico than the US. Any of the tourist stores around downtown can hook you up. I don't do drugs but everytime I walk by the t shirt shops the guys try to hook me up. It generally starts with hey you want a Cuban cigar? Then they start asking about other things when you say no.

Thankfully, it isn't your decision to make. You can say that you want to be informed of the other divers' extracurricular activities the night before a dive (and I would hazard a guess that the lasting effects of, say, a tequila binge, would both be much more relevant to a diver's condition the next morning and a whole lot more likely to be present), but there is no way for you to force that information to be disclosed. Whether you "should" have access to that information or not is a non-issue.

I wonder what actual dive operators (like Christi/BlueXTSea or Dave/Aldora or Frank (Spree)) would have to say ? A shortage of ethics on the part of some divers is definitely a problem, luckily I'm pretty much a live aboard trip diver where drug or alcohol abuse is rather harder to hide, thankfully. Party animals generally avoid the live aboard option.

I wonder what actual dive operators (like Christi/BlueXTSea or Dave/Aldora or Frank (Spree)) would have to say ? A shortage of ethics on the part of some divers is definitely a problem, luckily I'm pretty much a live aboard trip diver where drug or alcohol abuse is rather harder to hide, thankfully. Party animals generally avoid the live aboard option.
I'm not a smoker (of anything) but I think there's sufficient dissent on this topic to say the decision to smoke dope the night before you dive and omit that detail is not ethical problem at all.

Now, I wouldn't want to dive with someone who had just smoked a joint or drank a bottle of whisky. If someone got drunk/stoned/whatever the night before? I would not care and wouldn't consider that to be any of my business. If someone drank a single beer with lunch before another dive, I would dive with that guy too. If he belted down a 6 pack with lunch - that's a little different.

What "shortage of ethics"? Just because someone's ethical system does not align precisely with yours, that in no way implies that they have none.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom