HMAS Adelaide Being Sunk 27th March On Central Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yes.. the No ship group.. has no concept.. undivable on it's side indeed! :lol: DB we will do a pink dive there for Kimber!

Last edited:
That was cool :thumb:
It makes me think of how our Yukon would have looked awaiting her sinking if she hadn't slipped beneath the waves in the middle of the night , and looks to be aboot the same distance from shore too.
And BTW , her laying on her side has not made her "undivable" in the least :D

And you take care of yourself Tracy :flowers:

Thanks DB, I will right as rain in no time. :D

yes.. the No ship group.. has no concept.. undivable one it's side indeed! :lol: DB we will do a pink dive there for Kimber!

Im still trying to work out what a whale caller is? You know Migaloo is going up the coast saying bugger off No Ship people, its a long enough swim without me stopping lol

It is 10:20 am and in 10 mins she is scheduled to go down, I can hear the choppers over the house and someone is sky writing SHAME over head.
Proberly would have worked out better for them if they got the M correct.

It is 10:20 am and in 10 mins she is scheduled to go down, I can hear the choppers over the house and someone is sky writing SHAME over head.
Proberly would have worked out better for them if they got the M correct.

:rofl3::rofl3: What did they end up with SHANE....SHAVE:rofl3:...

just looked at my watch ....must be on its way down now eh.

11:20 and we are delayed. Pod of dolphins in exclusion zone.

Skynews had the No ship guy on. No comment from me on a public forum.

Cant imagine with these updates from me why my sad a^^ doesnt have twitter people :dork2:

11:38 am OK Now it is funny seeing the spectator craft moving out of the way to let the dolphins head off.

Do you think god is messing with some action groups head right about now? :D

11:50 am 13th April and the Ex HMAS Adelaide is now 32m on the Ocean Floor off Terrigal Skillion/North Avoca Beach :D

Dolphins delay ship scuttling - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Dolphins delay ship scuttling

A pod of dolphins has delayed the scuttling of ex-HMAS Adelaide off the New South Wales central coast.

The dolphins followed a school of baitfish into the exclusion zone and refused to leave in time for the 10.30am (AEST) deadline, much to the frustration of event organisers.

The dolphins have now reportedly left the exclusion zone.

The frigate was originally due to be sunk in March last year.

But the No Ship Action Group won a temporary injunction against the plan on environmental grounds.

The group filed a fresh summons in the Land and Environment Court late yesterday, but that failed to stop today's sinking.

"SHAME" was written in the sky above Avoca Beach this morning.

Michelle Meares from the No Ship Action Group says protesters have refused to give up hope, but spokeswoman for the scuttling project, Sue Dengate, says concerns about pollution are unwarranted.

"It's time these people put their minds and their very concerted efforts on to something that's far more valuable," she said.

Thousands of onlookers are watching today's scuttling, with warnings of road closures and lengthy traffic delays around Terrigal, Avoca and North Avoca

Support for scuttled ship diving site - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Support for scuttled ship diving site

Support is growing for a recently decommissioned Navy ship to be scuttled as a recreational dive site in Jervis Bay.

Federal member for Gilmore, Joanna Gash has made multiple requests in the past for the Navy to scuttle a ship in the area.

The ship wreck would be a popular attraction for recreational divers and fishermen.

Colin Miles from Dive Jervis Bay says Jervis Bay is an ideal location because of it's proximity for Sydney and Canberra divers.

"Sinking a reef in the bay would be a significant asset because it would add to the type of variety of diving we could have," he said.

"Diving on wrecks is a very popular activity for divers, and the advantage of prepared wrecks is that they can make them very safe.

But Central Coast action group 'No Ship' has warned against the scuttling of a ship in Jervis Bay.

The group has been protesting against the scuttling of naval ships, stating the lead-based paints of the old ships pose an environmental threat.

'No Ship' spokesperson Michelle Meares says the government hasn't properly considered the environmental impacts.

"In our opinion, these vessels should not be used as artificial reefs," she said.

"To dump them in the ocean is a waste of resources and is putting the environment at risk."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom