Hit in WA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I guess there could always come the unpredictable surprise that could force a rapid ascent, but it should at least be a controlled rapid (emergency) ascent. Lack of air should be the top of the list but that shouldn’t be a surprise to you (or your dive-buddy) but those really cool dives can distract. No dive-buddy and still not watching your air? And no pony? Hmm.

I have had a BC inflator valve stick (very damned quietly) on a dive and I had to pull the hose and finish the dive with manual inflation.

As for weight, I’ve been split about 50/50 between belt and BC integration/pouches ever since brilliantly choosing to do my DM required BC R&R at depth in open water in a dry suit instead of in the pool like everyone else. It took three hours for the visibility to return in Cove-1. :D

Anyway, no point in having ALL your weight in one place.

Few things are certain but this board is a great place to learn from others’ mishaps. No matter what you think of the event, thanks to DiveMe for sharing the not too fun experience of her friend’s wife. :thumb:

DeepDog :cheers:

dano how much do you weigh? i weigh 185, i only used 10 lbs with a 7 mil and a 5 mil vest under that diving a faber 120, but i dive a viking drysuit with thick undies. 10 lbs works for me with lp72s.

Back
Top Bottom