Hijacking! How good are you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I was in my last semester of college, taking my last class - Business Law. Put this class off for 3 years cuz everyone said it sucked, boring etc. I started the class with a negative attitude and ended finding my calling. After graduating, I was still in the Navy so I was trying to decide if I was getting out or staying in. On a fluke, I took the LSAT (Law School Aptitude Test) did well, and applied to a few schools. Next thing I know I am being discharged from the Navy (honorably) and moving to New York to go to law school. Now I am in Chicago working at my own firm with my own staff. Not a bad life though. I have fun with it and I like to help people so it works out really well. It really could be a lot worse I guess.

So what are your stories? Why are you where you are and doing what you do.

It is always interesting to find out how people wind up where they do.

I was putting in crazy hours in the Ambulance service.... decided the only way to escape the pager and get a break was to get off the continent. Came to OZ for a holiday... took up scuba diving, got to know this neat Aussie bloke ..... few trips back and forth and the rest is history:eyebrow:

It is always interesting to find out how people wind up where they do.

I was putting in crazy hours in the Ambulance service.... decided the only way to escape the pager and get a break was to get off the continent. Came to OZ for a holiday... took up scuba diving, got to know this neat Aussie bloke ..... few trips back and forth and the rest is history:eyebrow:

Love this sort of stuff so you know. That is how I envision my life one day. So where were you before Oz and the neat Bloke came along.

nothing fancy :)
been away from my country since childhood (parents worked in UAE as well) till I finished high school, went to college in Egypt & did my masters back-to-back, just studied what I liked & thankfully got a field of work I love.. since graduating back in 97' been changing jobs every 3 years give or take (various reasons, but nothing willingly) Soo; 2009 should be an exception if I managed to stick with my current employer - who knows!
Too much travel along the way, but it's part of the fun, for engineers it is not likely - at least in my field I guess - to venture into entrepreneurship; so we remain slaves to the corporate world & follow orders :rofl3:
just pray someday we'll have a good manager instead of a jackass.

been away from my country since childhood (parents worked in UAE as well) till I finished high school, went to college in Egypt & did my masters back-to-back, just studied what I liked & thankfully got a field of work I love.. since graduating back in 97' been changing jobs every 3 years give or take (various reasons, but nothing willingly) Soo; 2009 should be an exception if I managed to stick with my current employer - who knows!
Too much travel along the way, but it's part of the fun, for engineers it is not likely - at least in my field I guess - to venture into entrepreneurship; so we remain slaves to the corporate world & follow orders :rofl3:

I hear you about the jackasses of the world and praying they are not your boss. Cool that you ended up back home again.

I have to say that as an entrepreneur it is not always what it is cracked up to be. Slow months mean no money and I still have bills. And a staff. Some days I wish I had a job that I did not have to think about making money to run the show. Sometimes I wish that I did not have to think about work all the time. BUT I do like the fact that I start my day when I want, I take the work that I want, and hopefully I get to make a positive difference in someone's life. Or not. If they pay the bill I am cool with that as well.

There was an interesting way of explaining how Jackasses got promoted in Canada in the government services.

When they hire someone they give them 12 marbles. Every time they mess up they take away a marble.
Whey they run out of marbles they promote them to the next level and give them 12 more marbles.
The hirger the position the more marbles they have lost! A variation of the Peter Principle... "You will advance to your highest level of incompetence"

....... Cool that you ended up back home again.
Nope, not there yet, don't see it in the near future either (job market in Egypt not that well - especially if you don't have "somebody" to open the door for you), but it's OK; at least over here (Qatar - mid east) I can afford better education standards for my child.
Sorry I wasn't so clear.

There was an interesting way of explaining how Jackasses got promoted in Canada in the government services.

When they hire someone they give them 12 marbles. Every time they mess up they take away a marble.
Whey they run out of marbles they promote them to the next level and give them 12 more marbles.
The hirger the position the more marbles they have lost! A variation of the Peter Principle... "You will advance to your highest level of incompetence"

Sounds like how they promote in the Navy.:rofl3::rofl3:

what is BIAB??
more importantly, what is a mozzie (BTW, it means hooter in Arabic slang :rofl3:)?? :confused:

You can say all the lawyer jokes. I laugh at them too.

How lawyers do it...

Lawyers do it with appeal.
Lawyers do it confidentially.
Lawyers do it on a trial basis.
Lawyers do it until justice prevails.
Lawyers do it as long as you can pay them.
Lawyers do it unless it is prohibited by law.

No 5 ... :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

OMG You have lawyers with principles :confused::confused:

We have just had a judge here sentenced to I think 2 years gaol because he was issued a speeding ticket from a speed camera and said he was not driving the car at the time. Only problem was the person he nominated as driving the vehicle had been dead for two years at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom