Hijacking! How good are you?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
inwater recompression....hmmm
i thought that is a no-no

BYgolly has been reading up on this topic, apparently the pearl divers in the Torres Strait did it all the time. He will have to log on to give more details though :D

It is still a no no for us I think

Helloooooo - Guess I am on here by myself again.

Its that darned time change - when everyone else is on I am gettting my beauty sleep :rofl3: As for those who lamented their inability to sleep..........too much coffee will do it :coffee: Me. I stop all caffeinated drinks including tea at about 7 pm and as for coffee, its none after noon...sleeping is rarely an issue with me and never an isue for Bygolly :D

Bye for now..........

BYgolly has been reading up on this topic, apparently the pearl divers in the Torres Strait did it all the time. He will have to log on to give more details though :D

Plenty of interesting articles about it, but still a little controversial. Most seem to agree that if a diver with DCS is more than 30 minutes from a hyperbaric facility then IWR should be commenced.

inwater recompression....hmmm
i thought that is a no-no

Knowing him... it may he is going to explain why it is a No No and in what desperate circumstances it might be appropriate

Let me tell you Tigrr that Fish and Tunia are amazing hosts. The dive site was perfect and for my first ocean dive ever they spoiled me with seahorses, the pesky blue grouper who wants to look at everything that is pointed out, and weedy seadragons to name a few. Also Nudibrancs and a glimpse of an octopus. It was fantastic :D

Something which bygolly and I will have to repeat!!!

Aww shucks.... thanks and Oh PLEASE PLEASE come and let us do it again.... :kiss2:

I suspect it is an issue of if there is absolutely no other option there may be a time in a remote location etc.... why I would have loved to hear it

He was in charge of Hyperbaric Medication in the NZ Navy... astounding fellow and a commited diver. He is the one who said He understands some Doctor's reluctance to clear people for diving for any medical problem but he has trouble denying someone access to the sport he enjoys so much unless there is a good reason for doing so. He said some are so afraid of people comming at them with law suits that they find it easier just to say no! He is into informed decisions. I really liked his attitude and approach. Very knowledgable and commited to medicine AND the sport of Diving!

Helloooooo - Guess I am on here by myself again.

Its that darned time change - when everyone else is on I am gettting my beauty sleep :rofl3: As for those who lamented their inability to sleep..........too much coffee will do it :coffee: Me. I stop all caffeinated drinks including tea at about 7 pm and as for coffee, its none after noon...sleeping is rarely an issue with me and never an isue for Bygolly :D

Bye for now..........

sorry A I was typing too long an answer

I might disappear too Petunia, catch you another day. :hugs:

Take care y'all. :)

Plenty of interesting articles about it, but still a little controversial. Most seem to agree that if a diver with DCS is more than 30 minutes from a hyperbaric facility then IWR should be commenced.

interesting do you have any links on that? I would think that if you are remote enough it would be better to attempt that than nothing .... as long as you can keep tanks going to them and get the advice of an expert on the radio..... goes back to something is better than nothing... and how long will available oxygen last?

I am cutting back on Caffiene:coffee: too A ..... sad having to give up all the bad habits... I didn't drink coffee for 20 years... then the Ambulance service..... well the service runs on the stuff... sometimes we were trying to figure out IV admin of it:coffee:

I might disappear too Petunia, catch you another day. :hugs:

Take care y'all. :)

no worries... :hugs: I will just keep an eye out just in case A didn't leave was hoping to chat with her this is and interesting topic... hey Maged are you still here... and I think we even have :hijackedthread: how's that for something different :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Tunia - So have you picked out your new bathing cap/hoodie :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Tunia - So have you picked out your new bathing cap/hoodie :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: naw decided I will give the bathing cap a miss but I want that model's skin.... this stuff I have is getting wrinkled and only one chin..... :rofl3::rofl3:

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom