High end liveaboard charters verse crewboats opinions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carlton E. Oakes

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I would like to get the opinions of EVERYONE good, bad, indifferent. Not to say Aggressor/Dancer ,Aquacat,Ultimate Getaway, Spree fleet is low budget at $2-$3k a week as compared to camping on Blackbeard's $1.5K. I want to know the market of divers willing to spend $4k on a higher luxury vessel, more eco friendly, high quality food, 5 Star mega yacht service. Same amount of diving 5 dives a day if wanted with nitrox on board, higher crew/passenger ratio or just a 6 pac with two crew on a say 67 foot luxury Catamaran like this one Marmot BVI the only thing is this one does not offer unlimited diving. I want to know if there is a market for this type of vessel with unlimited diving for divers wanting a MORE luxury service.
Or does anyone know of an operation like this now running?

....snip I want to know the market of divers willing to spend $4k on a higher luxury vessel, more eco friendly, high quality food, 5 Star mega yacht service. snip....

Or does anyone know of an operation like this now running?

You asked a specific question. You got an answer.

As far as operations now running, Trimarine (Cuan Law) is a very high end sailing luxury BVI liveaboard charter boat, eco friendly, the highest quality food, 5 star service, etc. They are about $4k per week including extras and tips.. Mega Yachts run on the order of $25k per day, or $2k per person per day. There is a market for those folks, but you're not likely to find them on ScubaBoard.

Since the loss of SB data, threads as of Dec 21, did any one want me to repost my response?

Wow, I'm late in updating this! My apologies!

As far as crewed charter yachts offering diving, the cost depends on where in the world you are chartering and what size and type of yacht you're interested in. There are all inclusive yachts in the BVI for instance that are great for divers, especially traveling with non diving buddies or family. These yachts start at under $2000 per person for a 7 day charter. Of course, they can run into the stratosphere pricing wise too!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom