Hi There From The Uk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CuppaMatt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi there,

Yet another new member here. I'm doing my PADI Open Water cert at the moment and should be finished in a couple of weeks.

I've been meaning to get into scuba for.... forever, however have gotten the chance as my other half and I have both decided to learn in preparation for going on Honeymoon in May when we'll be in the Maldives so we should be able to take full advantage of being there.

I'm a professional nerd from the UK (IT Technician and part time Comic Book Artist) and have already started putting my more geeky ways to work by designing and 3d printing a GoPro mount for my new mask.

So..... Hi!

Welcome aboard! Enjoy and be safe!

Welcome from another IT professional (software developer here) and congrats on your pending nuptials! I've only seen photos of the Maldives but it looks like you're in for a great diving experience there.

Welcome from a team of IT pro's! We're almost 20 and half of us have become certified divers :) Hope you enjoy your diving trip to the Maldives!

In regards of mounting a GoPro on a mask, we'd recommend you carry it in your hands - you will avoid bubbles from breathing getting into the shot (unless you use a CCR), or mount it on a unipod (selfie stick) - you will lessen the shaking :)

howdy and welcome from south Florida USA.....

Welcome to SB! Be sure to post up pics of your go pro mount!

Hello Matt,
I am a fellow newbie (to SB) and wish you well with PADI open water, and your May wedding. IT put bread on my table for about 25 years - but that was up to the eary 90's. When I started with computers we drove steam powered mainframes and when a colleagues married we showered them with the chaff from the card punch machines.....Ah! those were the days!

Still trying to understand why anyone would want to leave the cool rain of the Yorkshire moors to travel to the Maldives fora honeymoon. I guess you must have your reasons!!!

Enjoy the diving, enjoy the honeymoon and even the Maldives.

Welcome to SB. Be careful it can be very addicting.

Back
Top Bottom