Hi, it's your instructor calling....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*dave*

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
You remember me, right? At the end of your OW class, remember me telling you one of my greatest pleasures in diving is the opportunity to dive and mentor my former students? I remember you mentioning how much there was to learn in this sport and how eager you were to learn.

I gave you my card and told you to call any time you had a question or wanted to dive.
I send you emails about upcoming dives in the hopes that you'll join me.
You have my cell number, my work and email addresses.....
You bought a lot of gear, but I know you barely use it, if at all...

Why haven't you called?

Did the phone company change your area code in the mean while?

Maybe they just don't know how to pronounce the * in *dave*

Got me, man. Dunno.

Breath mint?

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, I have e/mailed mine, for more training, and to dive

But it's a good question, I bet that most instructors say that exact thing to their students
I wonder why many students do not do so

I do the same thing with my students and for the most part they dont respond either. Perhaps they just feel we are being nice?

What I do now is actually invite them myself to go diving when I am going out on the boat or to the quarry. I rarely get turned down. We fill the boat or have a big group go the quarry and have a barbecue as well.

I think the invitation on a particular day comes acrossed as being much more sincere and genuine. That personal phone call seems to go a long way.

I actually DID go diving with my ow (and later AOW) instructor a few times. After diving we also went diving in the bar. Good fun both diving and going to the bar.

Havent had the opportunity to do that lately though as most of my spare time has been used for other diving locations and things

Problem I see with many instructors is that they spend their dive time teaching, but not as much time diving for fun...

Problem I see with many instructors is that they spend their dive time teaching, but not as much time diving for fun...

Maybe that's the only way a lot of them can get anyone to dive with them . :wink:

none of my instructors ever asked me to go diving with them... but its okay, met some cool people from those courses and i dive with them regularly.

none of my instructors ever asked me to go diving with them... but its okay, met some cool people from those courses and i dive with them regularly.

I will dive with you. I love our Canadian divers. Dive Canada every year. Workin on divin the Empress in 2011.

I hang with my OW instructor. But then again, I think I'm pretty much the only one of his former OW students to do so.

So many get certified to dive on that "special" vacation. Then, it's over and so is diving. Alas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom