Hi, I'm REALLY new

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

janie

New
Reaction score
Hi there - I am sooooo new to diving. Just did my 7th and 8th dives this weekend, in Austin Texas. Did my certification in Mexico last month and fell in love with diving - have always lived near the water but never thought I could actually dive. I'm fairly active - mostly running, but also cycling - have done triathlons but am not a big fan of competitive swimming. I'm "senior citizen" status but certainly don't feel it. I'm glad to find you guys, since I'm a great one for learning all I can about anything new I undertake. I look forward to this board - and if I can contribute anything about massage therapy, and its benefits, or exercise in general, or the Houston/Austin Texas area, I'll be very happy to.
Jane

Having spent the weekend in August, my hat's off to you. It was cold and raining.
Hope you enjoy this board as much as I do. It is cheery and informative.
-DD

Welcome to diving! You can't be a senior citizen as you're only 3 years older than I am and I'm still a kid.

Phil

welcome from the texas panhandle .there are a lot of texans on the board .welcome .
chris joens

Janie,
Welcome to the board. It's good to see the Texas representation growing. You'll find a lot of good info here.
DSAO,
Larry

Hi there from north of the border... you'll soon find out that the folks here are friendly, and that this place is rather addictive.

Don't forget to check out the Texas Swamp Diving Team in the NDI Club area, you'll find a whole bunch of Texans (and a few visiting "foreigners") there.

Congratulations!

I'm in the Houston area, too! What part of town are you in? If you go to the NDI section, you'll find quite a few of us in the Texas Swamp Divers Team. All summer we've been meeting twice a week at Twin Lakes and having a blast!

Senior Citizen...what's that?

:wink:

Welcome to the boards from snowy Rochester, New York. I'll be passing through Houston on my way to Cozumel in April. I'll wave.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom