Hi from Vancouver, BC, Canada !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's great to see so many people from the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island on the boards. I just regret not getting into diving until I left Vancouver and moved south. However, it does give me an excuse to come home to visit. I read somewhere that BC was rated the top diving area for the last couple of years. Lucky you. I dive mostly Monterey, CA which is awesome too. Be forewarned, I will start to PM people to go diving when I come to visit:D . Happy diving!

Coming up to 50 dives in the next few days and I just earned my Advanced Open Water Cert :)..I have heard/seen people doing both Basic and Advanced in under two weeks..and with little skill level to show for it. Feeling comfy really really enjoying diving right now, the new bcd/drysuit/split fins/dry gloves are workin out really well. My goal is to be at 100 dives by the time the 1 year mark rolls around for my first dive..its gunna be close..
(dang i wish i knew how quotes worked)..

Jimisurf- Glad to hear your trip went well. I am trying to dive 2-3 times a week, every week. If yer game for a dive I am too.The more the merrier.

ddub23- If yer comin up to good ole Vancouver, PM me, I 'll dive with ya for sure..my car only fits me though :( a little 1976 MGB with my gear, 2 tanks and its fully stuffed.

ps..that goes for anyone else in vancouver area..pm me..i am up for a dive be it night or day..

All the best,

Freeman once bubbled...
...So, were you diving here in Vancouver? ...

Alas, when I lived there I was not a diver, so I can't help you out. :(

Now, though when I get there to visit friends and relatives, you can help me though! :D

DivingGal once bubbled...

Alas, when I lived there I was not a diver, so I can't help you out. :(

Now, though when I get there to visit friends and relatives, you can help me though! :D

Hey DivingGal,

Well that I could certainly do. If yer comin out between now and Oct, dont expect this vis here to be anything but face-plate only till 50 ft or so but, once you get below that it seems to clear up fairly nicely. Heck of a difference with the spring run off and algae growth in spring/summer here. Vancouver area is definitely best experienced as a cold water dive in winter time. This doesn't stop me from wanting to dive 2-3 times a week though ..heh. See ya when ya get here :)
All the best,

Hey Freeman,

Just PM me when your heading out diving. I'm usually good for either a Saturday or Sunday dive. Sometimes I can get out for an early evening dive as well.

Go Canucks Go!!

Jimi

Jimisurf,

I bartend Wed-Sat but, sometimes I can do sat late morning/early afternoon now and then. Sunday's are more frequent so that wont be a problem.

Had a great boat dive just south of Kelvin's Grove on Sunday..and now off to Sechelt with lady6gills..see ya soon :)

Hey ladies and gents, I am up for a Sunday night dive as well as anytime Mon/Tues if anyone is interested please lemme know.

Had a grand time with lady6gill on Tues. We did Cooper's Green up in Sechelt really nice day trip.Great life asea life and decent facilities even though we didn't get the hose to work the bathrooms were a nice perk.

Take care,

I am thinking 9pm-ish. Lookout Point( the back area of WhyteCliff Park, also called Cliff Cove) Tide will be on its way in with a 9 foot exchange resulting in a high tide at 320 am. If anyone has any better suggestions please feel free to lay em on the table.
Anyone up for a night dive please join in.

Also I am lookin for dive buddies for Mon/Tues day/night .. dont be shy!

How's that sounds Jimisurf?

All you Vancouver divers out there who mentioned in this thread earlier that you would like a Vancouver dive club( based on people from this board *as well as people outside this board* please take the time to visit the:

Travel Board:NORTH AMERICAN Section : My post there is Vancouver diver looking for buddies

AquaTec has made an offer to start a dive club..ideally outside the realm of cliques/circles/dive stores( one can dream right? :wink: )

Take the time to respond to this it could make a big difference in our dive community.
Thanks guys and gals!!
Cheers,

Back
Top Bottom