Hey, Lake Pleasant Vista Point Divers and Instructors!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The purpose, protocol, intent of the dive and whether or not there is anything "worthwhile" to see is nobody's business except the diver who put those bottles there.

I disagree. New divers read these forums and use them to learn. If a new diver reads this practice and thinks it's okay to do, he/she might go out and dive on a wreck and drop the deco cylinders on the line rather than carrying it throughout the dive. This is not appropriate and should not be encouraged.

First off, I want to thank Pete for laying all those lines. They are great nav aids. I have over 300 dives at Lake Pleasant; shore dives as well as boat dives, from one end of the lake to the other. In all seasons and conditions. I only mention this so folks know that I know a thing or two about diving at Lake Pleasant. I almost always see something new at the lake. It is in a constant state of change. Because of this the lake is a great asset for training. I doubt there is much in the relm of fresh water training that you couldn't do at the lake.

It makes sense for Pete to simulate cave diving at the lake because it IS like diving in an overhead environment. It can be very dangerous to just surface if you have a problem, especially if you're more than 100 yards off shore. Between the boats, sailboats and the jetskis you could be seriously injured. Your best bet is to solve the problem at depth or get your butt back to where you started your dive. Strong nav skills are essential (unless you run across one of Pete's lines :D)

Pete's exploration of the lake, to me, is what diving is all about. He's been to areas of the lake that no man has seen since the 1920s. He's just asking for a little cooperation from the local dive community to leave his stuff alone.

Back
Top Bottom