HERO 10 Black: WARNING!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well maybe this is another chance to showcase my ignorance, but I sent an Email to the powerdirector 17 customer support with the problem that video won't play.

They sent an email back with several things to try. This was the first one:

With reference to your query, please try one or more of the following solutions below to resolve or to further isolate your concern:

1. Please make sure that the software is running on the updated build to maximize performance. We suggest that you download and install the latest build(3801) by going to this link: https://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html?action=download

I have no idea why the software does not remind you or automatically updates, but I did the download and

I once again THINK the issue is resolved!

Not really their fault. They are using a technology that is prime for its use but by the video professionals, not by BBQ enthusiasts.
I have GOPRO 4 and planning to upgrade .
The GOPRO 10 is for sale right now at a very good price , but if I going to have all that problems (mentioned in this thread) then its not the right camera for me.
Are those problems easy to solve adjusting the settings ? (even if you lost quality in the video)

All I want its a very easy to use camera to take the best possible photos and videos of my diving for personal memories (BBQ enthusiast ).
can I do that with de GOPRO 10 ? or Any suggestions for another camera ?

Are those problems easy to solve adjusting the settings ? (even if you lost quality in the video)

If you are using a Mac, Android, iPhone, or iPad to edit, and it has been updated anytime in the last few years you will have zero issues I can confirm that.

If you are using Windows and haven't updated your software in the last couple of years you may have issues. @johndiver999 software was older and wasn't updated to support HEVC.

I have GOPRO 4 and planning to upgrade .
The GOPRO 10 is for sale right now at a very good price , but if I going to have all that problems (mentioned in this thread) then its not the right camera for me.

All I want its a very easy to use camera to take the best possible photos and videos of my diving for personal memories (BBQ enthusiast ).
can I do that with de GOPRO 10 ? or Any suggestions for another camera ?
I could handle go pro 9 files, with no problem on my computer. the 10 files are still really an issue- even when shooting at low resolution. I wish i had not sold my 8, that is for darn sure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom