Here I Come. Another Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hertz2much

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have had the luxury of reading your posts for the last week and thought it was time to "Dive" right in :).

Im actually still in OW Diving class with SSC (Scuba Schools International) My first OW Dive will be this sunday :).

So far I just have some Tusa Xpert Split fins, ScubaPro mask, dry snorkle, 3mm wetsuit, booties and gloves. I havent purchased anything esle because im not sure ill be making this a big hobby and im thinking it is probly better to rent for now. I am going to Jamacca for my honeymoon so I thought " what the hell if im there, might as well go diving."

I live in St. pete florida so maybe if it all works out I can make this a big hobby. One thing I have learned. THis is a Expencive hobby. So far I have done my shopping online. I have found same products for much much less.

Well anyway....as you can see ...im REAL busy at work.....It is great to read all your posts. This is mostlikly one of the best boards i have seen in a long time. Keep up the great work. Awsome posts, and awsome admins...way to go!!!!!!!

welcome to the board!

welcome to the board Hertz2much..It is only real expensive at first because you don't have any gear, but once you start getting your gear it gets much easier and besides it is well worth it
:)

:wave: Hi there & welcome to the Board - you're right - its one of the best on the web...

Good luck with your open water dives this weekend, and just remember to relax and have fun, but stay safe!

Make sure you post a trip report of the terrific diving in Jamaica.

Cheers!

MechDiver once bubbled...
It's not nice to lie to newbies.
Good one Mech. Trust me, you'll always find something new to spend money on :wink:

But welcome to the greatest message board from a fellow Florida diver.

Good luck with the rest of your certification :D

Hertz2much, welcome to the Scubaboard. SSI teaches a thorough course so you're getting a great start in diving. Like you I just wish I had more time for this great part of my life - diving and talking about diving :rolleyes:

Welcome to the board. Keep us informed of you (probable) new obsession.

Ironicly I visit this site right when I get to work. Thats not a good sign LOL.

Diverbouy -- yes they do have a spectacular class. I feel very fortunate to have the chance to be trainned by an SSI Diver. They don't let you go any further unless you pass all the skills and safty is a big thing. Our first dive is going to be a spring dive called Blue Grotto. the water will be 72deg F, visability is great.

Scuba_kate --- Yes I will be posting a Trip report with pictures. Got to rent me a camera.

Rooster, Mechdiver ---- yea hell all I did was buy the basic snorkling gear and im out almost $500, well it was good gear. But non the less, im going to have to have 3 jobs LOL.

canuckdiver,Dr. Jay,gemma,Paco---- Thanks for your post...where is there a board for Scuba theropy?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom