Here are some pic of our Treasure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jviehe:
Nice. Any idea what those sorts of things are worth?
The museum stated that the braclet should go for between $30.000 and $40,000 at auction, the silver cross about $15,000 to $25,000 and the forks, (well we might find more of the table setting) no value has been placed as of this time. :eyebrow:

iflyprops:
You're not with Amelia Research and Recovery are you??
No our corportion and boat is the RMP (Recovery of Presious Metals).

i am curious as to how this works, if you feel ok talking about it

do you need a permit fromt he State? do they take a cut?

H2Andy:
i am curious as to how this works, if you feel ok talking about it

do you need a permit fromt he State? do they take a cut?
Through Mel Fisher. Since Mel is dead we pay an annual fee to his corporation through his daughter Taffy Fisher-Apt. This allows us to work any of the many sites granted to Fisher by the State of Florida. At the end of the year the State can take up to 20% of the total finds for the year. Usually the goodies are placed in a pile (five piles) with approximately equal value (hard to do since everything is unique) and the State takes one pile. The rest can go to auction or we can take posession of it. Then we divide our share from the amount of money and work we have invested in the summer.
But the biggest thrill is holding in your hand something that was made 300 years ago, lost, and now once again found! Got to tell you, its neat! Considering that the materials were stolen from the South American natives, worked into some remarkable jewerly, and carted by mule to the sea ports in Lima, Peru, sailed to Panama Pacific side, packed again via mule to Porto Bella, placed on a ship to Cartagena, Columbia, shipped on to Havana, and then pack again for the long trip to Spain, only to sink off Sebastian with fortunes and lives lost, buried in sand for almost three hundred years, until we rescued it, is well . . . fantastic! An now you know.

thank you... good info

btw, i was born in Cuba, so we grew up with stories of the treasure fleets that
set off from Havana only to sink full of gold... neat stuff

metaldector:
But the biggest thrill is holding in your hand something that was made 300 years ago, lost, and now once again found! Got to tell you, its neat!
Thanks for posting the pictures, very cool!
I get a simular feeling when I walked over the stones of the Acropolis or when I went to the valley of the kings....walking where people walked thousands of years before me....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom