Henderson insta-dry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NetDoc:
We saw a neoprene manufacturer that had it available. I stopped by the Henderson booth and was given a "don't call us we'll call you" line. Hmnnnn, and I thought they would love the free publicity!
Thanks for the information. I assume from this that Xmas delivery is probably out of the question. Production problems or suit problems or perhaps their difficulty in estimating their required timeframe?

Actually, they showed me the proto type of this suit at last dema... a year ago. They kept it hid back then - they didn't want to let the cat out of the bag before production was starting.

The entire suit feels and looks kinda' like the rubberized chest plate you see on some wetsuits. It doesn't snag on velcro at all - and seems like it's going to be pretty neat... I haven't tried any on yet - they didn't have any prototypes in my size - but full production is ramping up, and I've got several hundred on order. Full size runs of the ones there bringing out first which will be the 3 mil suits - full and shorty.

The heavier suits, 5 and 7 mils will follow.

On a whole other note - I couldn't stay for the BBQ, but it was great running into Netdoc and his group while walking the show. I also ran into a few others at the show from the board - and again - nice putting a face to the names. Hope everyone who went had a good and productive time.

I didn't see much new, ordered some new masks with built in magnifiers, Aeris has a real nice travel BC that's shipping in a few weeks, and Amphibious outfitters has some more neat shirts, and now pants, shorts, etc... but aside from that, it looked like everything was pretty much same ole' thing... But still was a worthwhile trip.

I had a close up look at the Insta-Dry suit and I liked it a lot. As Larry said, it has sort of a "rubberized" feel to it - kind of like eel skin, or something. It goes on much better if you are a little wet or sweaty, rather than bone dry, and I don't think that velcro will be a problem at all.

I was told by a "high up" at Henderson that the suit would go from water to completely dry in about 3-5 minutes, so I timed it and sure enough, it appeared to be nice and dry about 5 minutes after leaving the water!!!

I still really like my hyperstretch suit, but I can see one of these in my future!

Scott

So what's the scoop on this suit? Has it been released for sale yet? Just curious.

rhine64:
So what's the scoop on this suit? Has it been released for sale yet? Just curious.

Actually got an email from henderson today on this subject. We've been waiting - got a huge order for them as soon as they are ready, and we were told originally, before Christmas... But no. The note today was one of those "Due to circumstances beyond our control... delayed until January."

So hopefully then!

They didn't say what Christmas!! That is usually what happens anyway. Has anyone seen a price range on these suits?

crpntr133:
They didn't say what Christmas!! That is usually what happens anyway. Has anyone seen a price range on these suits?

Yea, they're kinda proud of them. While a full 3 mil hyperstretch is in the 240 range, a full 3 mil insta-dry will be around 310. Oh, and the first ones to come out will be the 3mil in full and shorty... others to follow later.

Hey Larry, we found that the 3mm Aqua-suede wasn't as stretchy as the full 3mm hyperstretch. Do you know if the insta-dry will be like the aqua-suede or the hyperstretch?? Thanks!

I had a prototype in my hands... but not on my body (wrong size) and it seemed that it would not be as stretchy as the hyperstretch.

I read that the Aqua-suede wetsuit is suppose to dry "instantly" as well, so what's the difference between these two suits and which is better, i.e. strechiness, warmth, drying ability?
Thanks for the info.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom