Henderson Hyperstretch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gussetlil

New
Reaction score
Hi all, new to this forum - I am based in the UK and am very interested in the Henderson Hyperstretch suits. Am after a 3mm suit for a trip to Sharm in November and would like some advice as to how long delivery might take to the UK ??

Many Thanks.

:confused:

gussetlil

Depending on who your are buying from. You might check out Leisure Pro on the web. They have an 800# on their website and should be able to give you timing of delivery if they have in stock. If you do a search in google under Henderson you should find a number of options. Have ordered several suits from Henderson and they are usually quite prompt in deliver if you need it fast.

Hyperstretch has been discussed extensively both in the Women's forum and on other places. Trying searching for hyperstretch and you'll find lots of threads.

As for shipping time, best to call an authorized dealer in your area (LDS) or an internet retailer (ie Leisure Pro) for an estimate. Topics on pros and cons of buying methods of SCUBA gear is another thing to search the board for: LDS vs internet has been throughly discussed too.

Welcome to the board. Safe diving.

GL, I think there is a thread here somewhere --- one of our European members did get one from an online source, but I don't remember which one.

It compresses like anything and holds water like a sponge. Seriously. It takes a LONG time to dry. It also doesn't keep me as warm as a 3mm suit made of ordinary neoprene. The only advantage I can think of is that it's easy to get into. But so is an oversize sweatshirt, and that won't keep you warm under water.

When I bought mine it was the only choice for someone with a non-standard body who needs a little extra stretch in a few special places. But now there are other options, and I recommend you investigate them before you spring for the hyperstretch suit.

If I had it to do over again I would buy a Bare Velocity suit. Most of the suit is ordinary neoprene, but there are stretch panels in the places where women need them the most. I tried one on a few months ago. It fit as if it was custom made and with my wierd body, that's saying a lot.

thank you, raviepoo. i've heard some of these criticisms from salespeople, but never from a hyperstretch owner. i think i'll cancel my long-dreamed-of purchase.

dm

Thanks for your replies. Looks like there are other options than a HH suit - I would just like something that fits well and doesn't make me feel like a trussed up chicken !! Everything I have come across for women in the UK is only big enough to fit my teenage son - unfortunately I have hips!!! I know a custom suit is probably the answer but I am not too keen on this idea ! Oh well, I will just have to keep on looking.

Safe diving.

:D

Actually I ended up buying at LeisurePro, NO ONE in Europe sells Henderson.

Despite high custom taxes I am very happy with my Hyperstretch, it's a 5/7 mms and goes up like it was a 3mms.

Very warm as well compared to what I had before.

Raviepoo, I think their sizing runs one up from ours -- 6 US = 8 UK, or thereabouts. I also suspect that since all neoprene seems to be put together in China or Thailand, nothing has hips.

GL, if you are looking around, you might want to look at the Seaquest suits of similar fabric -- some of the construction details look better to me.

Back
Top Bottom