Henderson Hyperstretch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just tried them on at my LDS last night and besides having the best price, my shop, Hollywoodivers, also sells through their website(www.hollywoodivers.com). But definitely get a smaller size than you think you need - I was very happy when the 8 they had didn't fit me :wink:

I just purchased a used 7mm Gold Hyperstretch a month and a half ago. Granted that I have not dove/dived with it yet, it's kinda stiff even when walking around out of water (I had to try it). It's very easy to put on but then again it's stiff. People tell me that it's supposed to be stiff until you go underwater with it where it starts to compress. I hope they're correct, otherwise it's drysuit diving for me.

LittleBear, I like your site. Nice pics you got there..

Dan

My wife and I both have the 5 mil full and 3 mil short and love them. They have about 25 dives on them so far with what appears to be normal wear. Definitely get it 2 sizes smaller.:wink:

you got what???
you say "gold hyperstretch"....there's no such thing. Did you get Gold Core? or hyperstretch? The Gold Core is definitely stiff....that's why they came out with the hyperstretch. I have gold core now and it's easier to get in to than regular suits, and warmer than most, but it's not known for being easy to move about in. and you really can't gain any weight and expect to keep fitting it :wink: that's one of the big selling points on the hyperstretch :)

thanks about the pics :)
I'll have more in a couple weeks

Erika

Little Bear once bubbled...
you got what???
you say "gold hyperstretch"....there's no such thing. Did you get Gold Core? or hyperstretch?

Erika

Erika..this does exist. I have had my Henderson Goldcore Hyperstretch for a year now.......I have the 7/5 mil and I don't find it near as "stiff" as my farmerjohn/jacket wetsuit. I also have the hyperstretch core warmer for the colder dives.

And yes you want to go one to two sizes smaller than the "usual" wetsuits.

I find the suit quite warm and cozy to dive in. I did three dives one day last summer all about the mid 50Fs @ 70fsw and was very warm. Also did two dives this spring, same day mid 40Fs about 50fsw depth and again didn't get too cold until the end of dive (approx 45 mins)......

Yes, it does exist, its just a gold core/hyperstretch combo suit. Its only available in this suit. 7/5 mm.

http://www.hendersonusa.com/product_goldcore.html#

Down at the bottom of the page.

Its a gold core semi dry jumpsuit with hyperstretch in some places...

I bought the hyperstretch jumpsuit and the hooded vest combo...

Dove it today in Monterey (53 deg F) and was toasty warm through two dives.

My left arm started to get chilly towards the end of the second dive...But it was quite a mild chill....Possibly also related to my not having eaten (it was almost noon...) yet today at that time.

I love how the suit form fits...except where it shows my natural waist padding...heh...guess I'll have to run more and eat less... :(

I chart as a medium and it worked right for me...at that size....its just a bit long....but fits.

--Sean

I went with the charted size as well....I have a 5 mil jumpsuit and a 5/3 vest with hood. I had heard about going two sizes smaller due to the stretch ability of Hyperstretch....but figured that if it was stretched very much, it would insulate less.

I went with my charted size....it's not big and I stay warm.

Peace,
Cathie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom