Henderson Hyperstretch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cstreu1026

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I tired on a 3mm henderson hyperstretch suit today and WOW! I can't beleive the fit. I am 99% sold on it. I would just like to try a 7mm version to see if it fits the same way. I just couldn't beleive the the 3mm felt nearly the same as my 0.5mm skin.

I have a 7/5 hyperstretch jumpsuit, and totally love it. It is so comfy I forgot I had it on the other day :D
I also have the 5/3 hyperstretch hooded vest, and that's the only hood that's allowed on my head!!

However, a word of warning on the 3mm. I have heard someone complain about how quickly the suit lost all insulation qualities (too compressed at depth), and felt as comfy AND as warm as a 0.5 mm. :wacko:

I freeze my butt off in my 3 mil, and it holds water better than a sponge.

Zeina once bubbled...
I

However, a word of warning on the 3mm. I have heard someone complain about how quickly the suit lost all insulation qualities (too compressed at depth), and felt as comfy AND as warm as a 0.5 mm. :wacko:

I have one and love it. Course it's only seen about 14 dives but it was comfy for all of them :wink:

R

I'm leaning towards the Huperstretch 7mm (cold California waters...).

who has the best price?

LeisurePro seems to be decent...How do I determine correct size? Do most wetsuit manufacturers follow relatively the same sizing guidelines? My LDS only rents "generic" suits and it isn't fair of me to ask them to let me try a nonrental on, then buy it elsewhere...

On the other hand, I did spend just over $700 there on other things this morning...

So, any ideas?

Thanks,

Sean

i also have a 3mm hyperstretch full suit and used it all winter and spring here in the upper keys. the finest wet suit iv'e ever worn. i suggest you purchase thru a local dive shop as i did. lesure pro was only $15 dollars cheaper and i got to try on suits at the shop to ensure a comfortable fit.

reefman
key largo

If you go for the Henderson, I've been told that it's best to buy two sizes smaller than the rental wetsuits you usually wear. The thing stretches 250%. Tighter is better than looser because the suit WILL stretch. Mine is loose in the legs and it lets water in. I went 1 size smaller than usual. I wish I had gone 2 sizes smaller.

If you ever make it to NYC you might stop by leisurepro's store and try on a hyperstretch suit.

scubasean once bubbled...
I'm leaning towards the Huperstretch 7mm (cold California waters...).

who has the best price?

LeisurePro seems to be decent...How do I determine correct size? Do most wetsuit manufacturers follow relatively the same sizing guidelines? My LDS only rents "generic" suits and it isn't fair of me to ask them to let me try a nonrental on, then buy it elsewhere...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom