Henderson aqualock 3mm opinions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pyro_

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am looking to get my first wetsuit and was considering the henderson aqualock 3mm. Just wondering what people's experience has been with then and if they would get one again or not and if not what would you get/have gotten instead

Thanks

Hey, so I bought the Aqualock 5MM a month or so ago. I love the suit, the size charts on the website is perfect and fit me just right!

I bought my set from scuba.com, however; when the set came (boots, hood, suit, gloves) the boots zipper broke in my hands as I was zipping it up. I don't know that was so, the next day I sent it back to scuba.com and literally waited like almost 3 weeks to get my booties back.

With that said, I've used the suit in diving down here in Florida, if you're diving warm waters I recommend you get the 3MM the 5MM keeps you warm and nice, my second dive with the suit (without the booties) I dove in waters that was cold (72 degrees) and the gloves came in handy, I haven't used the hoodie yet, and I don't even know if I will but winter is coming so we'll see.

If I could do something about changing, I'd buy the booties and suit alone. Instead of the whole set, but it's also good to have the set on hand so up to you. :) hope that helps!

p.s. I noticed your from Canada, so 5mm might be best with the temperatures up there.

I am actually getting this for use down south. For up here I will look at a 7mm next year

so I have both the 8mil aqua lock thermoprene and the 5mil aqua lock both are great suits. the 8mil has a ton of list and I only use it with my doubles and not diving dry. I just got my 5 mil via leisure pro within less than a week from ordering. I had been diving a 3/3 in the springs and it was just not keeping me warm during the training dives. as a DM I just kind of hover and wait to help out if needed.

Henderson is a great suit, I really love the aqua lock technology and the glued seams. as for diving in south florida in the summer time all you really need is a rash guard and shorts for shallow (60ft) dives, if your going deeper or wreck diving I would use the 5mil personally.

either way Henderson is worth the money.
t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back
Top Bottom