Henderson Aqua Lock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have changed my opinion of the Henderson aquaLock suit. The interior orange lining is a joke, very fragile and really has not stood to the use I expected from it. The rubber inner sleeves around the wrists and ankles have split and look quite shabby. The suit is very warm, but I would never buy this suit again.

Dang.

I bought a set of Aqualock suit, hood, boots, and gloves about two years ago. So
far I've enjoyed it as it's enabled me to do alot of things I could never do in my
old 2.5mm shorty. I see the noticable wear on the orange inner lining. No issues
with the wrist/ankle seals yet. Mine seems perfectly usable still. But I've mostly
used it for local lakes, rivers, and quarries and I probably have less than fifty dives
on it. How many dives did it take to do that? How long do you expect a suit to
last?

I have changed my opinion of the Henderson aquaLock suit. The interior orange lining is a joke, very fragile and really has not stood to the use I expected from it. The rubber inner sleeves around the wrists and ankles have split and look quite shabby. The suit is very warm, but I would never buy this suit again.

I was paging through my DAN magazine and came across an add for the Aqualock suit that said in massive letters above the picture that it came with a 10 year warranty. Now if the orange lining is failing and the seams are split after this short period of time, I would hope Henderson would honor this under warranty if they say they are good with customer support.

Dang.

I bought a set of Aqualock suit, hood, boots, and gloves about two years ago. So
far I've enjoyed it as it's enabled me to do alot of things I could never do in my
old 2.5mm shorty. I see the noticable wear on the orange inner lining. No issues
with the wrist/ankle seals yet. Mine seems perfectly usable still. But I've mostly
used it for local lakes, rivers, and quarries and I probably have less than fifty dives
on it. How many dives did it take to do that? How long do you expect a suit to
last?

I only have about 150 dives on the AquaLock suit. I had over 500 on the Wetwear before it tore , plus I put on about 10 pounds and that does not bode well with a custom suit.

---------- Post added April 5th, 2013 at 10:39 AM ----------

I was paging through my DAN magazine and came across an add for the Aqualock suit that said in massive letters above the picture that it came with a 10 year warranty. Now if the orange lining is failing and the seams are split after this short period of time, I would hope Henderson would honor this under warranty if they say they are good with customer support.

Thank you al24805, I will check that out.

Back
Top Bottom