Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

genemoren

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I will be in Ft Lauderdale Oct 9-13 and would like to do some dives. I need some good dive shop recommendations - I have been thinking about going out with Sea Experience but I don't know anything about them. So, any recommendations you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I'm also thinking about taking one day to drive down to Key Largo for an afternoon dive, opinions? Thanks
Gene

You posted this in our dive club's forum. I'll ask a moderator to move it to the Conch forum where it will attract the attention of the divers in this area.

I've been diving with the captain of Sea Experience, Capt. Bill Cole, for close to 30 years now. He's hands-down the best in S. Broward. I really like the boat too, it's very stable and roomy. Twin four-stroke outboards make it super fast, super quiet and exhaust-fume free. Highly recommended. :thumb: :thumb:

Have not been out with Sea Experience, but in the Keys, I've had good experiences with the following:

CONCH REPUBLIC DIVERS " COME SEE WHY WE'RE NOT JUST ANOTHER DIVE SHOP"
goes to interesting reefs that are overlooked by many other boats

Quiescence Diving Services , Inc., One of Key Largo's Finest Diving Operations
six pack boats with a bit more personal attention and room to spread out: make sure marine conditions are decent or you'll get bounced around since the boats are small

Florida Keys Diving with Silent World voted #1 dive shop in Florida
does a double dip on the Speigle Grove

there are plenty of other good ones in Key Largo as well.

The diving off Ft. Lauderdale is very good, with many dive operators available. I'd recommend the American Dream II, which leaves from the Hyatt Pier 66.

Pompano Dive center is my favorite in the area; they are a little further north and depart from hillsboro inlet. The captain, crew, and boat are all top notch. I've also dove with sea experience and that's a good choice if you want to dive the spots around port everglades. If you end up down in the keys, then Conch Republic is a great operation and the only way to go in my opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom