help with some pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Spoon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
guys im having some trouble editing these pics, ive tried em in photoshop but cannot seem to get the desired effect. i want the pic crisp and surreal.

have you guys watched return of the king? remember the part wherein aragorn, gimli and legolas entered the dimholt road to get to the kingdom of the dead king under the mountains? thats the effect i want. :D

Spoon, You can take this advice or leave it.......Photoshop is a bear. Very time consuming and complicated. At my level, for example, I find that Picasa (yes with an "a") is so much more useful. It is a free Google download. All the button functions very straightforward and easy. Try "I am Feeling Lucky", Sharpen, fill light, tuning (shadows) Color saturation, etc. You can play with different effects very easily. Nice shot!

I am so not a photoshop guru but off the top of my head here is what I would try:

Convert to black and white.
Hit the shadows pretty hard in levels probably.
Go to filters and use the unsharp mask to try to coax some sharpness. There's nothing in crisp focus that I can see so you'll need to fake it out with the harsh shadows and some creative sharpening.

Good luck.

BTW - I tried to download your image to have a go, but it's too small.

If you could pop up an image 700 on it's longest side, even if it's under 100kb, it would be better.

catherine96821:
Spoon, You can take this advice or leave it.......Photoshop is a bear. Very time consuming and complicated. At my level, for example, I find that Picasa (yes with an "a") is so much more useful. It is a free Google download. All the button functions very straightforward and easy. Try "I am Feeling Lucky", Sharpen, fill light, tuning (shadows) Color saturation, etc. You can play with different effects very easily. Nice shot!

i agree! photoshop is such a bore and i have been looking for a new and user friendly program to tinker with, i might check this picasa out:) thanks

alcina:
BTW - I tried to download your image to have a go, but it's too small.

If you could pop up an image 700 on it's longest side, even if it's under 100kb, it would be better.

you referring to the 3rd attachment? that aint my pic thats a screenshot from the movie:)

Gilligan:
08.gif

Must be the generation gap Spoon, cause I don't have a clue what you are referring to :D

everyone knows the lord of the rings:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom