Finally Found some Vintage Gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChemGuy

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Ive wanted to dove for a long time. Finally got certified last year. After seeing all the stuff on here about you guys still diving doubles and old AL and SP regs, I decided I wanted to try. I like vintage stuff in general as its not cheap Chinese plastic crap. Most of my woodworking stuff(unisaw, jointer, drill, etc) is form the 40's or earlier.
After watching CL locally for a while I found a score. A whole crate of gear including a DAAM. There is supposed to be more stuff not pictured.

Already paid for it and will go pick up next weekend.

If anyone has any interest in anything but the DAAM (that mine!), and maybe one of the collar BC's let me know. I will be glad to sell some of this to fund the DAAM rebuild.(super sheap pricing)

Cant wait to mount up the DAAM on a dive boat....

Dan
<edit>pics below

Also if anyone has info on the Aqua Lung face mask i would be interested to here how it works? is the pictured SH reg the one used with it?

Last edited:
The picture was removed.

Well he removed that ad quick. I didnt get the pics downloaded yet. Shoot.
Here are a couple of the DAAM. Needs some refurb but looks like its all there. Ill add more pics when i get them emailed to me.

346kz8k.jpg

1oxe8m.jpg

Some pics from CL, pulled from browser. If anyone has any idea on the dates on some off this I would be interested to hear.

4qj01w.jpg

14liulg.jpg

2cr3bk7.jpg

2lm2988.jpg

2hgbom8.jpg

2l8arf8.jpg

mijixl.jpg

qrntdt.jpg

19p839.jpg

Most of it was around in the 70's.

The Seatec jacket BC could be late 70's or early 80's.

The full-face mask is a US Divers. The mouthpiece pulls out as a unit. I have one of those.

I like the Kodak Instamatic camera in the Ikelite housing. I almost bought one of those in the 70's.

The backpack next to it is a US Divers Dolphin pack. It only works with steel 72 (or same diameter cylinder).

Thanks for the info Luis.
I got your PM and I doubt I'll need the instamatic. Ill post more pics when I get the gear next Saturday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom