help with some pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did someone mention Lord of the Rings :wink:.
There's a forest here that reminds me of middle earth.

I'm thinking Spoon, that first you need to remove some of the backscatter and the image looks overexposed also.
Picasa fan here also.

Jamdiver:
Did someone mention Lord of the Rings :wink:.
There's a forest here that reminds me of middle earth.

I'm thinking Spoon, that first you need to remove some of the backscatter and the image looks overexposed also.
Picasa fan here also.

so far i cant seem to clean it up, il keep trying tho. in the process of downloading picasa:)

best I can Do. Shoot Raw next time.

Well, i hate to tell ya but you are going to have to take it again...

Key thing on a shot like this is to freeze the sun, to do that you need to crank that shutter speed way up. This however means that you might underexpose the bottom of the frame. To combat this the best thing to do is open the fstop to 2.8 or whatever the most open you have available on the camera.
Next, to achieve nice rays on digital sunbursts is to avoid a little of the sun at the top or better yet, move over a touch to the right so the sun hits the top of the crack and creates rays as opposed to having it smack in the middle of cut. Digital has a little more difficulty capturing the frozen rays than film, but you can do it, you just need to obscure it a little.

And i know you get to dive a lot so try try again!

Mike Veitch:
Although this one doesn't have rays, it shows how to not let the sun into the photo...
DSC_8887.jpg

yeah il most likely have to shoot again! by the way thats an awesome photo

for your next try:
1. try to get closer and....
2. use WA lens or adapter (or you'll just get the diver and not the walls - and it IS about the walls, right?)
3. do it when the water is as clear as possible (try to find particles on Mikes picture!)

a little bit of white balance tuning before the shot and some nice composition and you have a winner!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom