Help with simple deco algorithm project

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From my NDL/GFLo thread @LandonL might be able to help with Deep6 and @jale for Divesoft? :)

I haven't given up yet. I will have a Watoom Cyano next week and will add that. I still need:

Divecomputer.eu/Deep 6
Divesoft/Deep 6
Ratio/Seac
(runs ZH-L16B) use the preset for 93/93 or custom GF high 95

Thanks

Reactions: Jay
just wondering if there's was an update on this / if other responses came forward.

I understand that you're looking for the Buhlman algorithm data, but just for my own amusement I gathered the data from an Atmos 2 (first shipped 2006, modified Haldanean, 12 compartments), just to see how much difference, if any there would be between the algorithm bases. Not much difference, except that this seems to be more liberal by a minute or two (or even more) than the Buhlman algos. I'm guessing this is why these are considered more liberal than other computers (Suunto?)?

As I'm not a tech/deco diver, I'm guessing that the differences really show up when you hit a deco situation or after multiple (lots?) of dives in a multi-data scenario??

Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 18.03.07.png

just wondering if there's was an update on this / if other responses came forward.
The Watoom Cyano does not run Buhlmann ZH-L16C with standard presets and will not be included. The Divecomputer.eu/Deep 6 Abacas does not have an NDL planner. I have the NDLs for Divesoft. Ratio/Seac is the only computer for which I have not received any data. I will post a summary soon.

Thanks for your interest, Craig

Hi @tep

The Aeris computer runs DSAT, a proprietary computer decompression algorithm developed in conjunction with the PADI RDP in 1987. It is considered to be liberal.

So, @Jay, et al., this is what I have collected since starting this thread on July 13. See Notes for source of information. I cannot vouch for the information received from others. My goal was to look for possible differences in the implementation of Buhlmann ZH-L16C. My interest was piqued by the differences I observed in my own Dive Rite Nitek Q and my Shearwater Teric. I would say, that based on 1st dive NDLs on 32% there are, at least, minor differences in how Buhlmann is implemented or runs. Of course, this says nothing about how the computers handle repetitive dives. I will likely break out my Nitek Q and dive it alongside my Teric to get some idea about this. I welcome comments, corrections, additional information.

upload_2019-10-18_10-20-10.png

upload_2019-10-18_10-21-53.png

This is very interesting. In the past the only comparison I had seen was the ScubaLab data and the Garmin/SW were the same or a minute different for Dive1 across various years (could also be slight timing / rounding), but I was not expecting differences like you've found.

I wonder if 32% EAN had anything to do with it.

The differences are quite linear too (below) .. below 80ft. So, what's happening to these linear GFs?? And shallower than 80ft it seems a 'mess'

Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 10.41.46 am.png

I wonder how EFX's SS compares.

One a possibly related topic, EFX noted this week how GFHi works. Please see post 55 here: Recreational Ascent Rate in the last 15 feet ... just when us divers thought GFHi was plain and simple ...

Some new data for you using EFX's spreadsheet
32% GFHi=95
Depth NDL
60 93
70 63
80 44
90 32
100 25
110 19
120 16
130 13

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/