Help with oxycheq BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

g1223

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I use an oxycheq bc for spearfishing ,because I love how streaamline it is. With that in mind, I would really like to do away with my octo, and was wondering if any knows if its possible to connect an air 2 source to it. I dont see them available on the site, but am wondering if there are universal air 2's that might work.I have the single tank wing. Thanks for the help

I have a Aquatec Air 3 on my 30# Oxycheq wing. It's really just a matter of cutting the tire wrap holding the inflator hose on the inflator and swapping the Octo/inflator that is made for that size hose. Just be sure of the hose diameter matches up slip the hose on the new Octo/inflator and secure it with a new tie wrap.

I have a Aquatec Air 3 on my 30# Oxycheq wing. It's really just a matter of cutting the tire wrap holding the inflator hose on the inflator and swapping the Octo/inflator that is made for that size hose. Just be sure of the hose diameter matches up slip the hose on the new Octo/inflator and secure it with a new tie wrap.

Ive got the exact same wing. I feel that the inflator hose as it is, is a bit short, do you see this as an issue, or with the air 3 attached do you get a bit more length? Does it connect pretty well with no leaking? Thanks again.

I believe the hose diameter is 1". It is long enough for me to use the Air 3 but if it seems short the hose can be replaced with a longer one. My feeling is if it is usable it is ok as long as it doesn't rip out of your mouth when you turn your head. It is only needed for a matter of minutes during an emergency.

Ive got the exact same wing. I feel that the inflator hose as it is, is a bit short, do you see this as an issue, or with the air 3 attached do you get a bit more length? Does it connect pretty well with no leaking? Thanks again.

You can get inflator hoses of various lengths from Oxycheq and Dive Rite Express. The inflator hose on my 30lb Mach V was 16". I don' t know if they are all that length from the factory, but both of the above sources have lengths varying from 12" to 22".

The Atomic Aquatic inline octo will fit it. The Atomic comes with three different fittings to fit pretty much any corrugated hose on the market. HOWEVER, as others said, you may need a longer corrugated hose, which isn't that big of a deal because they are pretty cheap. Rig up your tank, regulator and put them on over your exposure suit just like you're ready to dive. Then see how long your corrugated hose is and see how many more inches it would take to make the thing long enough to comfortably fit your mouth.

The Dive Rite inline octo option comes with an 18" corrugated hose and it's still not quite long enough for me to be comfortable with. Good enough for self-rescue but I'm not too keen about my using it while a buddy using my secondary and the both of us going up at the same time. I gotta measure my corrugated hose and get a longer one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom