Help with all-rounder fin choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A couple of years ago, Bryan of Lake Hickory Scuba did a good 'in pool' fin comparison using flutter and frog kicks.

Kick count comparison over length of pool...
Thanks - it's a good video. I did actually find this one when I was doing my research. It's really well done and quite interesting.

I have three sets

full.jpg

Because I'm worth it

Deep 6 aren't available in Australia - and shipping would cost as much as the fins

Currently 106.83US with the fins at 149.99

I bought mine around release time at 100US for fins and similar for postage maybe the dollar was better

but what it really was, was just another bout of mid fifties impulsive madness, and I don't even use them

Bankruptcy soon

full.jpg

Unless you wanna buy an unused large pair for a 100 to keep my wolves at bay for a day man

, and I don't even use them
Off topic, sorry:
You don't use them ! What size and how much ? I will join you in bankruptcy [and reduce yours].

Geat minds man, drill a hole in the top of your hemet and look above you near where god lives

You're not off topic if you don't take em well then CapnBloodbeard can have em as a spare set

I used to have "travel specific fins", Accels, hotshots and F2s. They were all a compromise. Now, although not in recent times, I just use my DR XTs, a tad heavy but my favourite wet suit fin. I gave up on the whole travel rig years ago and now just take my normal gear, weight allowances be damned. I wanna enjoy my trips in gear I'm hyper familiar with. YMMV.

Scubapro Go Sport. They are considered a "travel fin" but I use them in cold water diving. I've seen drysuit and tech guys using them. They are a lot shorter than the avanti quattro. They are also great if you have bad or weak knees and ankles. Very comfortable for long days flutter or frog kicking.

Back
Top Bottom