Help with all-rounder fin choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Deep 6 aren't available in Australia - and shipping would cost as much as the fins
understood, then the Zeagle recon or the Sherwood triton, I have dove before in AUS and I would say those fins would work superbly there...
:smalllogo:

Deep 6 aren't available in Australia - and shipping would cost as much as the fins
I read in an early post you now have Mares Excite fins [good choice], but if you are after a shorter fin , the Apeks RK3 are good, use them diving the [scuttled] wreck near me, tighter area.
So my go to fins are : Mares Excite Pro for general rec diving, Apek RK3 as above, and Aqualung Storm, warm water diving.
s-l500.jpg aqua_lung_storm_fins-1.jpeg ExcitePro.jpg

I read in an early post you now have Mares Excite fins [good choice], but if you are after a shorter fin , the Apeks RK3 are good, use them diving the [scuttled] wreck near me, tighter area.
So my go to fins are : Mares Excite Pro for general rec diving, Apek RK3 as above, and Aqualung Storm, warm water diving.
View attachment 656802 View attachment 656803 View attachment 656804

I don't plan on doing penetration diving so it should be okay...but sometimes I still wish for something smaller anyway.

Why do you use different fins for warm water?

Why do you use different fins for warm water?
Weight, size and used barefoot or with 2 or 3mm socks with the Aqualung Storm, good travel fins for the tropics.
which is a long way from Melbourne.:thumb:

A couple of years ago, Bryan of Lake Hickory Scuba did a good 'in pool' fin comparison using flutter and frog kicks.

Kick count comparison over length of pool...
upload_2021-5-3_12-9-3.png

Video

Most of my diving has been in the South Pacific.
A little off topic:
The South Pacific is a BIG place, where did you do manage to dive in the last year or so? I had trouble just going to the southern end of the GBR.

A little off topic:
The South Pacific is a BIG place, where did you do manage to dive in the last year or so? I had trouble just going to the southern end of the GBR.
Until Easter, my last dive was Komodo National Park, Indonesia - Christmas 2019. Nothing during lockdown.

We have 2 liveaboards booked in GBR in October, fingers crossed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom