Help with all-rounder fin choice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok Capt, what did you buy?

:popcorn:

I was also going to recommend the Mares Quattros, however I changed them for Hollis F2s a few years ago and don't regret it.

Much lighter and shorter for packing in a suitcase, plus a great fin for manoeuvring.

Ok Capt, what did you buy?
Ended up with the Excite.

Had 7 dives (3 of them being part of my AOW), happy with them so far, Had some mild current but haven't been able to really test them yet. They don't seem to handle a back kick as well as my full foot Tusa Solla, but only tried once or twice, might take a little bit to get a bit more used to them. My feet were a bit floaty, could just be my weight distribution too (first time using 7mm wetsuit as well as new BC).

Problue deluxe boots too, comfort levels are fine. The heel thing I was concerned about wasn't an issue. However, I have a slightly wider foot so I probably went slightly too big, have to wear dive socks with them else they rub on the toe.

Ended up with the Excite.
Great fins.
New 7mm wet suit, new 5mm boots and a new BC , you would expect to be "a bit floaty".
Back kick, This guy is fantastic, watch all his stuff, watch this on back kick :
Enjoy.

Great fins.
New 7mm wet suit, new 5mm boots and a new BC , you would expect to be "a bit floaty".
Back kick, This guy is fantastic, watch all his stuff, watch this on back kick :
Enjoy.

Thanks for that.

Got my 2 AOW boat dives on tomorrow :D

So I'm guessing that with the buoyancy, the only real way to resolve that is try moving small amounts of weight from my tank trim to my weight pockets?

Great fins.
Enjoy.
Wasn’t he using Mares Avanti Quattro in the back kick demo?

You are right, 6:25 min in this video , I have used these fins for years, now use the Mares Excite [Pro] and they are [I think] as good if not better.

Deep6 eddy fins or my personal favorite, the Zeagle Recon, very comfortable and effective in SF gulf stream currents.....

apilei66x__93082.1592322950.386.513.jpg

apilei66x__93082.1592322950.386.513.jpg

• apilei66x__93082.1592322950.44.58.jpg
  • apizhhzl6__02974.1592322950.44.58.jpg
Save
Scuba Diving Free Dive Spearfishing Black Rubber Fins w/ SS Spring Heel Straps
SKU:
SC901/PRT
* Size:
  • Large
  • Medium
  • X-Large