Help - Visa Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks everyone for all the good advice! I think the way to go is a multiple entry visa if I can get one... otherwise I see a LOT of boarder runs in my future. As of right now I think I've decided on Koh Tao. Narrowing it down from there should be fun, there are tons of shops to choose from! Any advice on questions to ask potential DM training programs?

Thanks all!:D

This is the standard procedure and rules, has nothing to do with special agreements with any country.

So yes, this will work.
Yes, it WILL work, but there are indeed special agreements with different countries.** However, Canada falls under the same general rules as the US and many (but not all) European countries, which allows a 30-day stay with no visa (visa waiver) and a 60 + 30-day stay with a tourist visa obtained at a consulate abroad, as Poggus explained. The fee for the 60 + 30-day tourist visa has been waived for the time being to stimulate tourism.

**The special agreements are technically called 'bilateral agreements'. For example, holders of Brazilian and Korean (and select other) passports automatically get 3 months each time they come into Thailand, and this is without getting any specific tourist visa ahead of time from a consulate abroad--just a stamp in the passport as they come through airport immigration, so these passport holders gain nothing by getting a tourist visa ahead of time, and they are not subject to the 60 + 30 rule either. For other countries, such as Taiwan and Poland, the visa-on-arrival stamp is limited to 15 days, even if arriving by air. So it is wise to check with the Thai consulate in the country from which your passport is issued, just to make sure.

This is the standard procedure and rules, has nothing to do with special agreements with any country.

So yes, this will work.

On a visa run someone told me that Switzerland and USA have different agreements with Thailand. But that is a second/third hand information it might be complete wrong...

On a visa run someone told me that Switzerland and USA have different agreements with Thailand. But that is a second/third hand information it might be complete wrong...
Yes, there are, but not concerning this. So the information mentioned is correct from people from US, Canada, western Europe, etc.

Educational visas are now only issued at the country of residence, unfourtunatly you cannot get them in Malaysia any more.

Back
Top Bottom