[Help] Route form SIN airport to Mersing jetty

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

envelope

Registered
Reaction score
Hi every one, since I've never been to the Tioman island, just wonder how much it's going to cost for the Taxi from Singapore to Mersing jetty?

I've gather some info from internet as below, pls correct me if there's anything goes wrong.

Taxi route option 1:
get a taxi from airport to Queen St. Taxi stand (12SGD) --> find a charter Taxi there for the way to Mersing(120-130SGD)

Taxi route option 2: (Don't you think it will cost me slightly lower?)
get a taxi from airport to Rochor Bus Terminal on Ban San St. (12SGD) --> find a charter Taxi there to Johor Baru Larkin Bus Station(28SGD) --> get a taxi for the way to Mersing (100-130RM)

Any related info would be appreciate on this issue, Much Thanks :coffee:

I wouldn't take a cab to mersing from Singapore....
Have you booked your tioman location yet?
If you have, you would be better off taking a coach up. Reason being, it's much more comfortable and waaaayyyy cheaper. Same travelling time. If you haven't, I'll pass you a few contacts who can get you from Singapore to Tioman cheap.

goodeatsfan:
I wouldn't take a cab to mersing from Singapore....
Have you booked your tioman location yet?
If you have, you would be better off taking a coach up. Reason being, it's much more comfortable and waaaayyyy cheaper. Same travelling time. If you haven't, I'll pass you a few contacts who can get you from Singapore to Tioman cheap.
Thanks "goodeatsfan" I did book for the dive-shop aldy. The reason for me to having an idea to take taxi from SIN to Mersing is traveling time, I though that it could be 1-2hrs saved if I take a taxi instead of coach. You're right, taking a coach will be more comfortable and cheaper. Although I've found some info for coach to Mersing but I do confuse on locating the bus/coach terminal.

Coach route option1:
1/ land at SIN Airport at 04:15am
2/ get a taxi (15SGD)from airport to Newton Circus Food Court "IN" Entrance car park and JalanSultan Bus Station(depart at 06:30am) <-- approx 20mins
3/ take the only coach to mersing (?????SGD) <-- 180mins - 240mins
4/ Mersing Jetty to Tioman Jetty (RM45) at 07:30am/10:30am/01:30pm <-- approx 60mins

Coach route option2:
1/ land at SIN Airport at 04:15am
2/ get a taxi from airport to coach terminal at Queen St/Ban San St. (12SGD) <-- approx 15mins
3/ Take the Singapore-Johore Express directy to Larkin Bus Terminal in Johore (2.4SGD) <-- approx 40mins
4/ take Adikberadkik Express at 9.00am/10.00am (ticket counters no 6 & 30) or Transnasional Express at 10:00am/11:00am (RM25) <-- approx 140-180mins
5/ Mersing Jetty to Tioman Jetty (RM45) at 07:30am/10:30am/01:30pm <-- approx 60mins

Seems that the route option 1 should be easier to get through, but I don't really know where is Newton Circus Food Court and which coach should I take after I got there.:confused:

To make things simple, out of the airport, take a Taxi to Golden Mile Complex. That's the central location for most of the coaches and coach ticketing companies out to M'sia. Should be around the same fare, though I think it's optimistic to get a $15 quote for a cab ride to anywhere from the airport especially at the time you're coming in. There are surcharges coming out of the airport as well as late hour surcharges... I'd budget AT LEAST $30 just in case. I doubt any of the coach services will be running til about 6am.

use this site http://www.myexpressbus.com/express-bus-services-sg.html for more info. The better 2 are five star tours & grassland. Their SuperVIP coaches are really comfy.

I wouldn't advice the use of the Newton route, too little room for error. As for the queen street route, too many changes, lots of walking, dirty, uncomfortable and not to mention the fact you'll have luggage? to drag around. Simple is better. IMHO. :D

If you need to overnight in Mersing you might want to try the Hotel Seri Malaysia Mersing http://www.marimari.com/hotel/malaysia/serimalaysia/mersing/index.html
I have stayed there and it was clean, small pool, close to town (3 minutes in a taxi) and close to the harbour.
The Seri hotel group is a quasi government funded group of hotels mid class and mid price but clean and reliable.

The following website seems to give coach details from Singapore to Mersing
http://www.journeymalaysia.com/ptasingmersing.htm

Back
Top Bottom