HELP!! REALLY REALLY sore boobs after diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubachick69

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Gals,
I have been diving for 10 years now. On 2 out of 3 of my last dives I experianced extreame pain in my boobs about an hour after diving. I never had such pain before, and have never heard of it happening to anybody. I was in a wet suit and did not have the usual suit squeeze signs at the wrists and ankles. It is definately not a bend as the dives had a nice gentle profile. Also it is not the time of the month type pain. Have any of you experianced something similar? I am afraid to go back in the water till I know what it is!

Scubachick69

Scubachick, I used to have a buddy who go that from the cold. Said it was like someone biting her nipples. Are you diving dry or wet there in Ireland?

I'm not a gal but I have heard of females having their boobs get bent due to a bra or bathing suit restricting the flow of blood to them. They take on the nitrogen slowly at depth but as they come to the surface the restriction prevents the expanding bubbles from off-gassing as they normally would from fat and muscle tissues. Just so you don't feel that it is only a female problem I've heard of guys having their penises get bent from wearing a pee-valve condom that was too tight.
Has anything changed within the last two dives?

Jason

underwater daphne:
wow, it's really nice of you guys to be making fun of scubachicks boobs. i'm sure she's enjoying it (actually she might be, dunno).

maybe this question should only be answered by women.

Probably true. So, where are they all?

@mechdiver dunno, personally i've never had the problem.

underwater daphne:
wow, it's really nice of you guys to be making fun of scubachicks boobs. i'm sure she's enjoying it (actually she might be, dunno).

maybe this question should only be answered by women.

I sure hope you were not referring to me making fun of scubachicks problem. I was very serious. This can be a potential problem. Everything I said has and does happen.
Jason

Bent boobs... just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water.

Barring oversensitivity due to menstrual cycles, I'd have to go with cold being a likely suspect. When I get way too cold (doesn't usually happen while diving though), my breasts may start to really hurt.

Do you have surface swims where you use a lot of arm action or are you doing anything else while you're diving that might strain your pecs (way you lift gear or something)? That can manifest itself as breast pain.

Ishie

Ishie:
Bent boobs... just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water.

Barring oversensitivity due to menstrual cycles, I'd have to go with cold being a likely suspect. When I get way too cold (doesn't usually happen while diving though), my breasts may start to really hurt.

Do you have surface swims where you use a lot of arm action or are you doing anything else while you're diving that might strain your pecs (way you lift gear or something)? That can manifest itself as breast pain.

Ishie

Girl,

If you're serious....GO SEE A DR!! This is NOT the forum you want for useful advisr on anything related to the female anatomy. You should be seen by a dr to rule out anything serious, and most of these guys can't even say "boob" without turning into tittering little boys.. (my apologies to those who can - not a blanket statement)

However, if you are posting this to distract participants from tiring threads...I'm sure your post will see a record number of views.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom