Help!! Please!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryan Dennis

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
None - Not Certified
Hey Everyone,

I am looking to purchase my first set of gear for scuba diving. However, I have run into a few issues. My size is a major problem has been for everything I have ever wanted to do. I have a size 15 foot. however, I can only find gear that fits a size 14 or lower. Any help would be greatly appreciated....

The only other issue I have is wetsuit but that's another forum. (guess its a good thing to be 6'8" tall and 400lbs....)

EDIT: I am going with Henderson for the boots, I just need fins now..... the Hollis f1 bat fins... are a good choice but would like other ideas if anyone has them..

Last edited:
I have size 15 feet... henderson makes boots that fit me, and I use hollis f1 bat fins... for the wetsuit, you'll need to go custom imo

I have size 15 feet... henderson makes boots that fit me, and I use hollis f1 bat fins... for the wetsuit, you'll need to go custom imo

Thanks, I will look at Henderson. figured I would have to go custom. Any advice on that? I live in Florida and between springs and oceans, the temp can vary. and recommendations on thickness? 3/2??

Thanks, I will look at Henderson. figured I would have to go custom. Any advice on that? I live in Florida and between springs and oceans, the temp can vary. and recommendations on thickness? 3/2??[/QUOTE

Also looking at the hollis i am guessing you got 2xl?

Hey Everyone,

I am looking to purchase my first set of gear for scuba diving. However, I have run into a few issues. My size is a major problem has been for everything I have ever wanted to do. I have a size 15 foot. however, I can only find gear that fits a size 14 or lower. Any help would be greatly appreciated....

The only other issue I have is wetsuit but that's another forum. (guess its a good thing to be 6'8" tall and 400lbs....)

Take a look at our fins. We carry a footpocket that is larger than most manufacturers. Since you wear (only) :eyebrow: a size 15 , you probably will need to use a 2-3 mm neoprene sock with our largest fins.

Competition Freediver Fins | MAKO Spearguns

MCFF-2T.jpg

Also, if you are interested in a higher performance fin, we are running a charity auction on Ebay where ALL the proceeds are donated to a veteran's charity. maybe place a bid on these fiberglass blades.

MAKO Spearguns Fiberglass Fins Charity Auction

Thanks!
Dano

Go diving and see if you need a wetsuit (granted a suit is good for more then just thermal protection). I bought a shorty 3mm Henderson suit last year and I still haven't needed it for my tropical diving.

I have size 15 too, the fins will depend a lot on the boots you use, if possible try the fins on with the boots on. I have found width to be one of the limiting factors with most fins and boot combinations. Seawing novas work well, also Sherwood Tritons are my current choice, they are weird fins in a way in that they are not stiff and don't offer a lot of feedback other than moving as easily through the water as with anything else I've tried. The tritons don't work as well with a frog kick as the novas or a host of other fins out there.

For the most part size 15 turns you into goldielocks but with very few "mama bear" options, Hollis bats, XL performed really well with thin booties but wouldn't fit dry suit boots, XXL jumped in size to being big and loose even on the drysuit boots, moving around with each kick.

I'm a little guy next to you at 6'5" and only 250 but I do have an old drysuit that will likely fit you, needs a neck seal for sure and maybe wrist seals too, yours for the cost of shipping if you want it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom