Help on prescription/graduated lens masks...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bandito

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for help on selecting prescription/graduated lens masks.

I am farsighted so have a great deal of difficultly reading my instruments while diving.

I have done some research and found the Cressi "Big Eyes" mask available at reasonable cost with positive lens inserts available at the bottom of the mask. However, reviews of the mask seem to indicate that the mask frame is fragile and is susceptible to breakage. Ccan anyone speak to the weak frame issue?

We have also looked at the Aqualung “Look” mask. This mask supports corrective lenses of both positive and negative diopter. However, I can not seem to locate any information stating whether the entire lens is corrective or if just the lower portion of the lens is so. I have a query in to the distributor and have not yet heard from them regarding this.

The Seavision "Gauge Reader" seems to be a good product. While the lenses appear to be "just the ticket" can anyone speak to the overall quality of the mask?

Any help from anyone who has experience with any of these products is very much appreciated.

Thank you…Bandito...

his.

If gauge readers is all you need, most any will do as long as the mask fits you. If you need something more like a full prescription and bifocals together then you may want to go with a custom lens. I have used and have been real pleased with Prescription Dive Mask. You choose a mask that fits you well and send it to them. They make custom lens and bond them to the mask lens. You can have the mask custom taylored to your needs. For example, I have the bifocals in my mask a little higher than normal and with a little extra magnifacation for use with a camera.
http://www.prescriptiondivemasks.com/

Thanks for the info Herman...I really don't need the extra "kick" from a full prescription...yet anyway ;-) so am looking for an off the shelf solution. But will keep the info you sent...one never knows...

Much appreciated...!

Bandito . . .

You can't go wrong with the Sea-Vision masks.

the K

My wife has the Sea-Vision gauge reader mask.
It fits great and she likes it.
The only thing you should be aware of is that you cannot use both
eyes to read your gauges, you will have to tilt your head right
or left and use one of your eyes.
The way the mask is made (the reader lenses are so low)
you simply can see up close with both eyes at the same time,
one eyes view will be partially obstructed by the mask.

--- Bill

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom