HELP my SUUNTO D6i 1st time turn on show low bat on screen WHY

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andrelow

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
[h=2]HI im newbie here and i need help is was regarding my NEW Suunto D6i i just brought it from my dive instructor where he is good with the Suunto dealer i place my order and when i collect it and press on the mode button it show me "EAT LOW" means LOW BATTERY. But is a NEW watch[/h]
so it need to sent back for the battery replacement .
1) now i was so worry because as i believe no one can turn on this watch unless you're the owner that means the battery is placed as it from the factory (100% bat) and why mine is 0%
2) or is there any internal problem with my D6i dive com even no one turning it on
3) or the QC from Suunto is not doing their job well

i really hope so one out there can help me . i have sent my complain to suunto.com and their replying asking me to refer to the sale person (hey their just a sale person what u expect the answer for the seller. sad)​

Maybe it just a bad battery and if you had turn it on in the store you would not have had a problem. But something smells here if the dealer won't take care of the computer.
P.S

suunto does not make the batteries.

andrelow,

What is the serial number for your d6i? Sometimes when dive stores purchase computers, they will turn them on to show other customers. If that computer was turned on and had sat in the store for over a year then the battery could of very well drained. With the new i series such as the one you have once the battery is low they will enter a sleep mode instead of fully going dead, which is why you were able to turn wake the computer up and see the low battery indicator. If the battery has gone dead while still at the dive store, this would constitute for a warranty battery service at no cost to you.

Best Regards,
Chris from Suunto

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom