help me with faber tank markings please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AandK

Registered
Reaction score
scubapro henggart m25x2
1002 druckluft 200 bar

81d 91 03 i faber 03/0080 100
14.2kg v12.0L 807.5T ph 300 bar eI M 2003/01 M

this is on a pair of faber dumpy style tanks bought in australia second hand from someone who brought them over from europe. they have been hyodroed in australia 3 times and have had a burst disc installed on a 230 bar H valve.

what does it all mean please?

will it be filled to 230 bar or 200?

what are the bouancy properties.

thanks for your help

The first two lines relate to a store in Switzerland and provide the info that the bottle was designed and sold for being filled at 200bar.

Regarding the two following lines, they refer to Faber specs and you might find additional info at the following site: http://www.divefaber.com/list/print/scuba_lpr.asp?da=11.96&a=14.5

Buyoncy: when produced in 2003 the bottle had a volume of 12l and a weight of 14.2kg. The weight may have decreased since, if it was fully revised and sabled or brushed, however the bottle has a negativ buyoncy when empty and without valves, of roughly 2kg.

Considering the marking of 200bar, I would not fill it up to more than that, even so Faber mentions the 300bar.

Obviously all this is given on a reading of the specs provided and without having seen the bottle.
In any case, even if It might not be required at this moment I would take an extra hydro check after buying and before using them for a first dive.

so could it be the shop selling it recommends 200 bar but faber produced it as a 300 bar? or is 300 bar the test pressure?

Check the list on the link provided. 300bar certified bottles have a weight of 16kg and more (ad they hold more steel, so more weight)

The reference to 300 bar is the hydro pressure.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom