Help me ID these tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onemorefalcon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi All!

Today I received a pair of smaller steel tanks. They appear to be in good shape as far as I could tell. I took off the valves and there are a number of very small rust spots inside but nothing larger than the head of a pin. I believe that they are old scuba pro tanks. Here are the markings stamped on the tanks

Tank 1:
DOT-3AA20155
HM 49997R

Tank 2:
DOT-3AA2015
HM 52762

Both tanks have hydros in 76 and 81. Is it worth it to get these tanks tumbled and new hydros or are they better off in the scrap yard? I will post pics if that will help ID them. Any information would help.

Thanks!

Pictures would help but with a 2015 working pressure they may be military surplus O2 or CO2 tanks or SCBA tanks.

If they are failry short (18" or so) and 6.9" in diameter, they are possibly steel 50's - that actually hold about 45 cu ft at 2015 psi.

They were very common in the mid 70's where they were usually sold as manifolded doubles. I had a set of 2015 psi tanks sold by Healthways and they were great little doubles.

I also had a set of taller 1800 psi tanks holding the same volume that I don't know who marketed them.

Scubapro has never made its own tanks but Scubapro was formed during the reorganization of Healthways and later Faber made tanbks that were stamped scubapro and sold through scubapro with scubapro labels.

Back
Top Bottom