help me get a hatchback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well, so far it's the Fit, the Scion, and the Versa

new purchase date is March, 2007, so that gives me some extra time

thanks for that article

the Fit is a very nice car

My wife and I just picked up a brand new Mazda 3 (07) hatchback. 160 HP 2.3L 4CYL.

Awesome car! The seats all fold down and all that stuff. The rear will hold 5 tanks laying down side by side and the rest of gear sitting on top or in the back seat. Perfect and great gas milage.

pho_gallery_M3H_ext6.jpg

that leaves no room for 2 kids....soon to be 3... :(

Its also tiny, wont drive around here well when it floods in the afternoon storms. Good thing Andy lives up north!

runamonk:
My wife and I just picked up a brand new Mazda 3 (07) hatchback. 160 HP 2.3L 4CYL.

i looked at the M3 long and hard ... awesome car ... but it is a bit high for my price range

what gas milage are you getting? i'm figuring an average of 23 mpg? is that about right?

CBulla:
Ahhhhh... hmm.... yes, I think your getting a Jeep Wrangler is an excellent idea!

haha... sure =)

much too expensive, and the mpg are not where i want them to be

H2Andy:
i looked at the M3 long and hard ... awesome car ... but it is a bit high for my price range

what gas milage are you getting? i'm figuring an average of 23 mpg? is that about right?

haha... sure =)

Well we took a road trip up to anacortes for a boat dive, there and back and still drove around all week on a single tank. Freeway is a solid 30mpg, normal driving is around 23 - 25. It would be more if we babied it but we like to hear it rev hehe. :wink:

It's just a fun little car, we originally had a 03 Dodge Dakota which was great for all our diving gear. It was a huge waste in gas and my wife couldn't park it to save her life LOL.

H2Andy:
haha... sure =)

Then may I suggest a biodiesel processor and diesel driven vehicle. Your looking at roughly $.80 cents per gal (give or take a little) to generate:

http://www.realgoods.com/renew/shop/product.cfm?dp=3704&ts=4000001&kw=bio%20diesel

If you really want to cut back on environmental impact also check out some stuff here:

http://realgoods.com/

I'm going to be taking the house solar in a year or so.. 100%.

wow... that would be a very good deal

but i'd have to buy a diesel car

how reliable are the "kits" to make the stuff? is the fuel good? does it ruin the engine?

the fuel is great. The kits like that one are at LEAST as good as commercial grade diesel. To date, I don't know of anyone who has ruined an engine.

www.biodiesel.org - a great place to learn more.

At some point I would LOVE to take my Wrangler diesel... that would screw with Dahlmer Chrysler!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom