Help me decide if getting my own gear makes sense.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks, Amy, you addressed all questions I had in mind - except this one:

1. How much difference does it make to buy a BC designed for a woman?

I am a new diver 70 dives, warm water only, 2-3 trips a year.

2. Is this a good package? LDS package for 1600, that includes: Aqua Lung Legend LX ACD reg, ScubaPro Air II Octo, ScubaPro LadyHawk and Oceanic DataMax Pro Plus II Computer and the compass thrown in

Responses from any more experienced divers are appreciated.

Thanks, Amy, you addressed all questions I had in mind - except this one:

1. How much difference does it make to buy a BC designed for a woman?

I am a new diver 70 dives, warm water only, 2-3 trips a year.

2. Is this a good package? LDS package for 1600, that includes: Aqua Lung Legend LX ACD reg, ScubaPro Air II Octo, ScubaPro LadyHawk and Oceanic DataMax Pro Plus II Computer and the compass thrown in

Responses from any more experienced divers are appreciated.

To answer your questions...

1. It depends on your porportions. My warm water BC is a Sherwood Solaris. I also love the Aeris Contor. I dove the Diva LX for years and loved it. I am a bit curvy and I have very small shoulders, so women's BCDs work best for me. For cold water, with my drysuit, I have a different BCD with more lift, basically because I teach. For the type of diving you are doing, I think it would be a great idea.

2. It is a very good package and appears to be a good deal. If the Ladyhawk fits you well, I think you will like it very much. The regulator is good. The DataMax Pro plus is a great air intergrated system. I would trust your LDS on this and make the purchase.

I am a vacation diver just like you. I bought my gear and much prefer it after renting for several yrs of vacation. Others will gasp perhaps but I bought all mine on EBAY and went with top name equipment. For me it was Scubapro top of the line when they were new. Mine was all used but in great shape. Once it arrived, I took it to the local dive shop and had it tested and all o-rings, gaskets, etc. replaced. Have loved it, could afford to buy it this way.

I love diving remote locations and like having gear I can count on for use.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom