Help keep a newbie from getting reamed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We recognize that, and we will be introducing an "Advanced Diving Topics" forum in the very near future. Maybe you'll get the chance to make the very first post in that forum :D

That sounds like a great Idea. The Basic Scuba Forum is usually not very Baisc IMHO.

That sounds like a great Idea. The Basic Scuba Forum is usually not very Baisc IMHO.
We are discussing rules for it right now. While off topic posting is obvious here in basic, quite often the person asking about an advanced topic WANTS that off topic post that might make them THINK. We also don't think that we will need hosts for that forum either, but we are certain that we want to keep respect and friendliness as the focus in there.

If you have any thoughts about this, please contact your favorite Mod or Advisor and let them know your feelings. Or if it pleases you, start a thread in Site Support to openly discuss it. You can bet I want to hear what you have to say! :D

We are discussing rules for it right now. While off topic posting is obvious here in basic, quite often the person asking about an advanced topic WANTS that off topic post that might make them THINK. We also don't think that we will need hosts for that forum either, but we are certain that we want to keep respect and friendliness as the focus in there.

If you have any thoughts about this, please contact your favorite Mod or Advisor and let them know your feelings. Or if it pleases you, start a thread in Site Support to openly discuss it. You can bet I want to hear what you have to say! :D

I started a new Thread as you suggested hope you get some good feedback.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/site-support/248455-ideas-new-advanced-topic-forum.html#post3766237

What about pony bottle vs spare air.

There you go, I promise you have caused 3 more M.I.'s---some folks kill others @ just the sight of those words.............:D

is FishOutUvH2O NetDoc's sock puppet?

is FishOutUvH2O NetDoc's sock puppet?

:shakehead:

honestly, i find it sad that someone tries to briing a bit more friendliness and support around here and its questioned

i guess it true - you cant please everyone these days

cheers

Yay! I really like the new rules. Thanks NetDoc :):) As a new diver some of the responses I have gotten to questions I have asked have been nasty and offputting, and I have watched the same thing happen to many other new divers too from members who just assume certain facts from one or two lines of an internet post. :shakehead: I recommend to people who have posts like that against them to report the bad post as the mods here are very fast at removing troll posts from my experience. :)

OK, maybe this is now off topic, or is it back to the original?

One more;

"Someone told me that Cozumel is not the best diving in the world, is that true? I thought it was pretty good?"

Good Diving,

Dave

I think we also forgot this thread:

"My Scubapro MK25 freeflows, should I perform seppuku?"

:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom