Help keep a newbie from getting reamed!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes and the great info.

I've been made to feel right at home in my first few posts, so either the boards populated by normal people, or I really am abnormal and just fitting in with my own kind.:D

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcomes and the great info.

I've been made to feel right at home in my first few posts, so either the boards populated by normal people, or I really am abnormal and just fitting in with my own kind.:D

Well if you consider people that strap lead weights to themselves and jump into deep puddles normal! :11:

whatever you do; do not get anywhere near those horrible shark infested waters.
stick to muddy quarries.

Sample Questions that will get someone not familar with Scubaboard Flamed.

Do I need a Snorkel?

What type of Jacket BCD should I trade My Back Plate and Wing in on?

Should I get the Nitrox version or Regular Spare Air? and If I carry 2 can they be considered Doubles?

Nitrox and its benefits or lack of.

Bananas on Boats.

Dir Vs DIMW

Sample Questions that will get someone not familar with Scubaboard Flamed.

Do I need a Snorkel?

What type of Jacket BCD should I trade My Back Plate and Wing in on?

Should I get the Nitrox version or Regular Spare Air? and If I carry 2 can they be considered Doubles?

Nitrox and its benefits or lack of.

Bananas on Boats.

Dir Vs DIMW
do not forget trying to get a tank to explode.

"George Irvine said...."

WELCOME!!! To a kinder gentler forum! This forum and the New to Scuba Forum have gotten new rules in the last two weeks. In other words:
ALL QUESTIONS ARE SAFE!!!

This is now an ultra friendly forum. You can ask anything within reason (no trolls) and not fear people jumping all over you! EVERYONE who deigns to answer within this forum, must couch their answers with friendliness and respect! That's right. We even have some special hosts (not mods) whose job is to KEEP things on topic and nice.

No off topic, acerbic or other wise mean spirited posting will be tolerated in this forum any longer. Our hosts will be alerting mods ASAP as well as making certain ALL posts will be answered.

If someone slips up and makes an egregious post, PLEASE don't take matters into your own hands. That only gives us more to clean up! :D Just hit the trusty
report.gif
bad post button, conveniently located on the bottom left of each and every post, including mine.

Now, here is the rub. We need more hosts. Requirements? Patience in helping others, an in depth knowledge of diving (instructors are preferred) and TRUE humility! We certainly don't need the "Shell Answer Man", if you know what I mean. If you know someone like this, please send me their name and WHY you think they would be good. Give me two or three links to their posting style. BTW, we won't be considering those who recommend themselves. So, if someone asks you to recommend them, say yes and then don't even BOTHER to do it. We need humility, which is why I am not one of the hosts! :D

So thanks for bringing this up, FishOutUvH2O. This was a great way to clear the air about our new focus and rules for this forum.

I guess it's a good idea, Pete. Too many times a legitimate question has been greeted with, "How can you not know that and be certified?" However, this forum has also served as kind of a catch-all for hard-to-categorize topics that don't fit into other forums. I think not having a forum that fulfills that function may put a damper on discussion.

I think not having a forum that fulfills that function may put a damper on discussion.
We recognize that, and we will be introducing an "Advanced Diving Topics" forum in the very near future. Maybe you'll get the chance to make the very first post in that forum :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom