Help ID This Dive Computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goodbytes

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My brother and I are getting geared up to go diving again and going through all the legacy equipment from diving with our dad years ago. Had all the BCDs and regulators serviced and ready to go so now its on to the secondary equipment. We have a pair of dive computers but they're old and I'm having trouble finding anything out about them, most importantly a PDF of the user manual.
Can anybody tell me anything about these?
How about where to find a user manual?

20170424_205716.jpg
20170424_205759.jpg

Museum pieces as such. Manufactured by Palagic and sold mainly by Oceanic.

Museum pieces as such. Manufactured by Palagic and sold mainly by Oceanic.
Really, made by PPS but sold by Aqua Lung? I find it hard to believe. No description of the decompression algorithm in the manual. I could not easily find it on Google.

I had an Oceanic Datamax Sport which i believe is the same computer. Look on eBay for some examples. Battery change kit is available so it should be perfectly useable today.

OCEANIC DATAMAX SPORT OWNER'S MANUAL Pdf Download.
I don't think this is the same computer. Whatever, a non-nitrox antique, I would not dive it.

Pelagic Pressure Systems has had long history of developing decompression algorithms for safe diving. The principal designer of these algorithms is Dr. John E. Lewis, who has been with Pelagic for over 34 years. He is one of very few people in the world that have the knowledge to develop the algorithms that are used in dive computers.

Dr. Lewis earned his Ph.D. in Aeronautics and Applied Mathematics from the California Institute of Technology. He has been influential in the dive community, as the principal author of “The Recreational Diver’s Guide to Decompression Theory, Dive Tables, and Dive Computers” and as a member of the Underwater Hyperbaric Medical Society.

Dr. Lewis wrote the proprietary Pelagic Z+ (PZ+) algorithm employed in computers. The PZ+ algorithm is based on the Bühlmann ZHL-16C algorithm and is a favored recreational algorithm for the safety conscious diver.

Pelagic Pressure Systems
::

Aqua Lung - i300, i450T, i550, i750T
Aqualung has ended their relationship with Suunto and are now introducing their new computer line by Pelagic Pressure Systems.
* Aqua Lung recently bought Pelagic Pressure Systems

Aeris - Atmos 2, Atmos AI, Elite, XR-2, Epic, Elite T3, Manta, Compumask, F10, Atmos AI 2, A300 AI, A300, A300 CS, F11

Genesis - ReactPro, ReactPro White

Hollis - DG02, DG03

Oceanic - Versa Pro, Pro Plus 2, VT Pro, Veo 200, Veo 250, Veo 180, Atom 1.0, VT3, Atom 2.0, Geo, Datamask, OC1, Veo 1.0, Veo 2.0, Veo 3.0, Pro Plus 2.1, Geo 2.0, VT4, Atom 3.0, OCS, VT 4.1, Atom 3.1, Pro Plus 3, OCi, VTX

Sherwood - Wisdom, Insight, Wisdom 2, Insight 2, Wisdom 3, Amphos

Tusa - Element II, Zen, Zen Air

Several brands of dive computers, including Aeris, Genesis, Oceanic, Sherwood, Tusa, and others are collectively known as Pelagic Systems dive computers. Aeris, Genesis, Oceanic, and Sherwood all sell their download cables separately from the dive computer. It has a USB port on one end, and a connector specific to your dive computer on the other. You will need to find the correct cable for your dive computer.
The connection between the cable and the dive computer is the "weakest link" for these computers. It's very easy to not have a proper connection, meaning that data does not transfer and the download fails. If you are having trouble downloading your dive computer, this is the first place you should check. Remember that some models can have the connector to the dive computer itself plug in upside-down! If it’s not working, double check this connection.
If you have a 3rd party cable to download your Pelagic computer, you must also have a kernel device driver from them for that cable, which provides a serial port for applications to use it.

Nah I guess AquaLung wouldn't outsource their computers.

I still use one... works great. It's not the same as the datamax sport, closest I can think of would be the Prodigy. Probably same algorithm, but I like the Matrix much better.

I don't think this is the same computer. Whatever, a non-nitrox antique, I would not dive it.

Because of the lack of nitrox?

It should work fine untill you can afford an EAN caopable computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom