Help I need Dry Suit Seals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver180

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Possum Kingdom Lake, Texas ( Graford, Tx )
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
There was a post some time ago about a shop in Washington that sells Dry Suit Seals. Does anyone know the name of this shop? Or where I can get latex wrist and neck seals.

You could call, email, or PM Scuba Toys.

I too have heard people talk about a shop in Washington but I cannot remember the name of it. Maybe shoot a PM to TSandM and ask her. I have heard her talk about a good place for seal replacement....

Phil

Dry Suit Repair and Parts Service Located in Indianapolis is a very good shop in Indiana and they have a good selection and advice.

For wrists I like the long taper heavy duty Bare seals from Leisurepro $25 I dont think they sell neck seals though.

It makes sense to replace the wrist seals with heavy duty seals as they last longer and the long tapered seals seal best if you have trouble with leaks.

Good luck

I've bought wrist seals through my LDS. I will warn against the heavy-duty wrist seals if you have bony wrists or prominent tendons, as they will tend to leak more than the lighter ones. The heavy-duty ones are great if you are using seal-mounted dry glove rings, though, like the Viking ones.

They're in Issaquah due east of Seattle off I-90 and have anything you need at pretty good prices. That said, I have replaced seals, but the most recent repair on a neck and a wrist seal, I sent to Steve Gamble at Gamble Scuba in Gainesville, FL. And it was way easier to pay him than mess with a neck seal.

I did my last neck seal with 35 minutes of work, including cleanup. Seals are easy to do, and even zippers are not bad.

I would NOT recomend Pacific Wilderness. The ones i got from them a few months ago were cracked and crazzed. They were also 9 years old. I didn't have a choice though since I had a trip so I had to go for it. They tore on the first dive. Bummer. Not to mention they charged about $25/each for them and then gave me hell when I wanted my money back!

I also would echo Lynns sugestion to not get the HD seals.

I would reccomend Bob3 here on the board for seals though, I bought some stuff from him a and he was outstanding. Possibly the best, most responsive order I have made. His site isn't the best so just call or email him with what you want and he will get it to you.
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/members/bob3.html
Viking Bayonet Dry Glove Ring Kits

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom